Thread: Hellcat adding a boost a pump

Hellcat adding a boost a pump

How did you successfully wire in your boost a pump. I'M currently in the low to mid 900's at the tires and the pressure is dropping on spray. I added an MSD BAP as I would to any other Hemi by installing the BAP in series in the DB/OR pump power wire. I know the Hellcat has a built in voltage booster in its control module. So I am supplying the control module with higher voltage. This works great maintaining 80psi with one major problem, at 5900 rpms the voltage to the pump drops and the fuel pressure drops way down into the thirty range. All I can say is thank god for factory widebands. The ecm jacked the fuel trims and kept the Hemi feed. So How are you wiring yours up and do you have a check engine light, because I did.

Bad383TA

Advanced Tuner
    I have no help for wiring in the Boost A Pump. But don't you think upgrading the fuel pump would be a better idea?

Tuner in Training
    have to run kb boost a pump on hot switch safest and easiest to insure working when needed specially on track going thru shifts

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyboom View Post
    have to run kb boost a pump on hot switch safest and easiest to insure working when needed specially on track going thru shifts
    I wouldn't say a boost a pump on a on/off switch is going to be the way to run it. Fueling will be off in the tune.

Example: If tuned with the switch off, and the switch is on then you would be running more fuel than tuned for. And if tuned with the switch on, then when the switch is off then you will not be fueling enough.

He was more like looking for a answer of wiring it up in his specific vehicle being that the Hellcat has a fuel pump control module feeding the fuel pumps power.

Tuner in Training
    contact hhp they did few kb in few hellcats but on hot switch

and my cat making high rwhp I did indep fuel cell so no robbing of fuel anywhere or lean spikes

Tuner in Training
    but mark thank you I see you everywhere on hp forum thanks for trying to help everyone

Tuner in Training
    What did you end up doing to fix. I'm seeing the same issue.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    I wouldn't say a boost a pump on a on/off switch is going to be the way to run it. Fueling will be off in the tune.

Example: If tuned with the switch off, and the switch is on then you would be running more fuel than tuned for. And if tuned with the switch on, then when the switch is off then you will not be fueling enough.

He was more like looking for a answer of wiring it up in his specific vehicle being that the Hellcat has a fuel pump control module feeding the fuel pumps power.
    How does the Hellcat regulate fp currently? Do they not have an internal (pass side basket) fp regulator like the older model LX/LC's?

Did you try the disable external trans torque management fuel shut off? Also what was the code that was thrown?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiC View Post
    How does the Hellcat regulate fp currently? Do they not have an internal (pass side basket) fp regulator like the older model LX/LC's?
    PWM the fuel pump via the FPDM

Advanced Tuner
    Are you using a Hobbs switch to turn the BAP on?

They did run into torque limiting on the auto cars anyone run into that on here? He states its the pump thats loosing voltage and I can only assume its from the FPDM being told to drop the voltage even though it has enough boosted voltage supplied to it. That is also assuming he is monitoring the pump voltage. I have not been able to see it yet as I have yet to up the boost myself.

It would be nice to get some connectors made so it can be a plug in play option like on the mustangs running it to the throttle pedal for activation.