Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adjusting Idle Speed and Start up Run Time

Just an update, I re-flashed and then did a re-read all the changes I made were shown. I will next do a start-up log and attach that to my next follow-up. I will then try the changes to the Proportional Mult and see if it has any effect.
    Thanks for all your help.

Here is a start up log, I am not sure where you find commanded start-up.

16-05-25 14-40-18.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Its called "IDLE DESIRED RPM"

You didn't log it, need to log again with that channel included

OK, I found it and added to channels. Will run another log and re-post.
    Thanks again for all the help

Here is the most recent log with Idle Desired RPM included.

16-06-02 13-19-18.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    So are you looking to keep it from going up to 1,900 rpms on initial startup?

Yes, that is the first condition I am looking to correct or change.

Senior Tuner
    I will admit I don't see anything right away that would be directly causing the condition. Have you triple checked you have no sort of vacuum leaks or gasket failure on the intake manifold, throttle body, PCV valve, etc? The PCM can correct for any of these issues but it would take a second or two for it to do so, which could be causing this initial flare of RPM.

Aside from the usual way of checking for a vacuum leak, spraying around any possible leak areas, is there any other method? Anything to look at on a scan, since my last scan I have added the channels you recommended plus a few other I was interested in. I just have to get a chance to run a log.

Potential Tuner
    I am grateful for this thread! Read it thru a couple of time and looked at the tunes. I made adjustments to my tune and settled down the start up flare on my HEMI-swapped Hot Rod :-) I've read and tried a million different things from YouTube (not condemning it. YouTube is a really great source) with very little success.You tuner people here on HPTuners forum are the greatest thing I've found in 2 years! I am really happy with the results!