Thread: 3.0 scanner freezing a lot

3.0 scanner freezing a lot

Is anyone else having freezing issues with the scanner? It's driving me crazy. I open the scanner, do a pull on the dyno. make changes. Close the laptop (sleep, etc), open it up and then after the scanner connects it will freeze up the data on the screen, then start again by itself, the freeze up again, etc. I still have 2.24 and it NEVER does this. they are both on the same OS, windows 7 - running in virtual box on a mac retina pro. I have bought and tried parallels also, but the exact same things happens, only with 3.0, not with 2.24. I've updated to the latest version today (and many other times) with no change. It seems to be most prevalent when I physically close the laptop, and then wake it back up. Again - this doesn't happen with the 2.24 scanner at all.

Any feedback is appreciated,

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by icicleboy View Post
    Is anyone else having freezing issues with the scanner? It's driving me crazy. I open the scanner, do a pull on the dyno. make changes. Close the laptop (sleep, etc), open it up and then after the scanner connects it will freeze up the data on the screen, then start again by itself, the freeze up again, etc. I still have 2.24 and it NEVER does this. they are both on the same OS, windows 7 - running in virtual box on a mac retina pro. I have bought and tried parallels also, but the exact same things happens, only with 3.0, not with 2.24. I've updated to the latest version today (and many other times) with no change. It seems to be most prevalent when I physically close the laptop, and then wake it back up. Again - this doesn't happen with the 2.24 scanner at all.

Any feedback is appreciated,

Kevin
    What version software are you running. Down load the latest from your customer page if not up to date...This was fixed a while ago. If it still persists email [email protected] the log file and the VCM info file

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Thanks for the response Ed, I sent in all the info, including a video of it happening. I am still waiting for a response. it happened tonight using 3.0.1xx (today's download). I guess this isn't common, and it's something in my machine?

I've almost got the same issue. When I open the scanner everything is fine. Until I try to add a channel or open anything in it. It locks up, it did it on .103 and now.107. A friend has .089 and it does not do it. Very frustrating, I had someone working on it a HP but now I have not heard anything in a couple of days.
    Too many unfinished projects

Just downloaded .108. Exact same thing going, there has to be an explanation for this. It was working up until I downloaded .103 now if I do anything it is locked up. what is going on?

Please open a support ticket so we can look into the problem.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Keith, I had one opened. However we fixed it this morning. A couple of weeks ago I had a second monitor plugged into my laptop. Even though it is disconnected and setup for one monitor, when you opened the add channel or anything it put the box where the second monitor would be. So you couldn't see anything on the screen. We got if fixed and it appears to be working just fine.
    Thanks

That's a known issue across the VCM Suite software. I plan to add the fix to the beta soon.

Thanks for the update.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...