Thread: Tuning variable question.

Tuner

Tuning variable question.

I have reviewed all the variables for my 2.2 L61 and it seems that there are a lot less tuning parameters for the Ecotec than lets say an LS1.

Is this because they don't exist or because support is just limited in the VCM at this point?

Advanced Tuner
    They don't exist, different engines have different parameters. Which ones were you thinking of in particular?
    Last edited by Shifted; 04-28-2006 at 11:13 PM.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    They don't exist, different engines have different parameters. Which ones were you thinking of in particular?
    Well, I am finding it's a pain in the butt everytime I reflash the engine needs to relearn the trim cells especially park/neutral and drive/reverse. It's a little bit tough for the first few miles when the engine stalls out when you slow down to an idle and you lose power steering/brakes, ect.

I have read some simular posts about the issue and people refer to tuning variables that don't exist for our code.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    Based on my experience with the cals, I seriously doubt the extremely limited # or parameters that I have seen available in the J versions of the software, compared to the other platforms, is due to anything less than that they simply haven't been mapped out or decoded yet.

I hope this does not remain the case forever. I hope it will improve with time.

The software does give us a ton more tuning capability than most will usually need, but I want more control over things like EGR flow, etc.

Tuner
    who needs EGR when you can..... disable?
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq

Tuner
    No EGR on my car
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

the 4cyl code does have less parameters in it, however there are a few extra things that will be added as time goes by. If I had added the same amount of params as we have for the LS1 (of which maybe 5% actually get used) i'd still be typing emails saying we're releasing any day now

Bottom line is if you are stuck on an issue let us know at support and if there's parameters that can be added to fix it then we'll add them.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    anything added in the new update?
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq

Tuner in Training
    still trying to figure out how to use the EGR or EVAP drivers to power a N2O setup