Thread: LTG- P1101 Code

Advanced Tuner

LTG- P1101 Code

I have a car that came in with a P1101- Mass Air Flow Sensor Out Of Self Test Range.

The car has a tune in it. Seems to run good. No weird issues that are standing out from a datalog.

Is it a tune issue?

Tuner
    Not sure about code specifically for the LTG, but assuming its like other sensors it goes through a test at startup to make sure it registers within a certain range. It could be the sensor is starting to go out hence the code for the self test out of range, if you have another maf laying around throw it in and see, but if you have to buy one I would look further into it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ECaulk View Post
    Not sure about code specifically for the LTG, but assuming its like other sensors it goes through a test at startup to make sure it registers within a certain range. It could be the sensor is starting to go out hence the code for the self test out of range, if you have another maf laying around throw it in and see, but if you have to buy one I would look further into it.
    Thanks. I don't have a extra MAF laying around.

In the drive demand tables this is what it has done.
    Driver Demand Tables.png

Is this normal to do? The 100% row in the Driver Demand A Table is the only thing modified of all of them. Should they all be set to 400 in the 100% row? Or should they are be set to 210 in the 100% row? The car does pull very strong. No knock. Have not put a wideband on it, to check AFR but to have no knock and it seeing 255kpa. I would say AFR is dialed in.

Advanced Tuner
    So I set the P1101 Code to MIL on First Error. And it is throwing the code when doing a good pull on the car. If you drive the car normal, no WOT pulls, it doesn't set the code. But it throws the code at the 2-3 shift mostly at WOT. I had it once throw on the 1-2 shift.

The desired boost is logging 255kpa and the boost sensor & MAP will read 255kpa. I guess the only way to know if it actually boosting more than 255kpa would be a boost gauge.
    So not sure if it is a airflow limit somewhere triggering the light?

It is commanding 11.5afr in WOT, and I put it on the dyno to measure AFR and it is dialed in pretty good right at 11.5 throughout the entire pull.

Is it possible this 2015 car has a bad MAF sensor? I honestly wouldn't think the MAF would be bad.

I am going to pull the MAF out and inspect it and then even clean it with some MAF cleaner. And do another log of the car.

Results?

Advanced Tuner
    I turned the cel off for that code.

Advanced Tuner
    I found no fix for the code, cleaned the MAF and also later replaced the MAF. Same issue.

It is in the tune I have had it on my 2013 Ats when playing with it but tuned it back out. If want to post the tune I can look and see what looks off if anything. Also 11.4 is very rich for this car. 12.4 -12.0 max for most power and to run right. The fuel trims could be way off on it. Need to do a log. I could send u my log info if needed so can check all that out. I also have a pid for boost psi/vacuum and read 26 lbs on my car when I had it that high but yes kpa maxes at 255. Just can read it other ways.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner in Training
    Yep, i would believe you need to do a MAF calibration. I just got this code last week after installing an upgraded turbo and cold air intake. My fuel trims were way off.

Advanced Tuner
    Fuel trims are not way off at all, and the reason I went with 11.5 was cause the stock file was commanding 11.5 in high rpm PE.