Thread: Speed Limiter issue on m 08 Tahoe

Tuner in Training

Speed Limiter issue on m 08 Tahoe

hi all,
    I got tired of the AFM/DOD and the speed limiter on my Tahoe. I went in and turned off the AFM/DOD and set the speed limiter to 250mph (first number that popped into my head), and wrote the file to the Tahoe.

The AFM/DOD disable worked fine, but the speed limiter is still there. Now I only adjusted the speed limiter 1 and 2. there were a few other places that had limit set, but after reading the description on them decided to leave them be.

My question is which one should I set to 250mph like the other 2, or set them all that hi?

thanks for the help

You have to change the on table from GMLAN to calibration to make it work.

Also just be aware that if your truck has a factory aluminum driveshaft, it is not rated for speed above 100mph. They are known to explode above those speeds. A new built driveshaft is something you should seriously consider if you plan to go that quick.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You have to change the on table from GMLAN to calibration to make it work.

Also just be aware that if your truck has a factory aluminum driveshaft, it is not rated for speed above 100mph. They are known to explode above those speeds. A new built driveshaft is something you should seriously consider if you plan to go that quick.

My 1998 Camaro is the only thing I have tuned prior to my truck. I didn't have to mess with anything like that on the camaro.

I'm curious now, what does GMLAN mean and/or stand for? Will that effect anything else? And will I have to change that anytime I see it where I make other changes?

On the driveshaft issue, I'm not planning on adding any extra power to the truck, I just want to get rid of the speed limiter for when I get some asshole that won't let me by that way I'm not limited to 98. You're not saying that I would be a custom driveshaft built for just that for you?
    Last edited by ANTIVNM; 05-12-2016 at 12:27 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Theres a reason the speed limiter is set to 98mph and its not because GM doesn't want you to be able to pass people on the highway ;-)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTIVNM View Post
    On the driveshaft issue, I'm not planning on adding any extra power to the truck, I just want to get rid of the speed limiter for when I get some asshole that won't let me by that way I'm not limited to 98. You're not saying that I would be a custom driveshaft built for just that for you?
    Yep, unless you want to turn your Tahoe into a Fred Flintstone's special...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Theres a reason the speed limiter is set to 98mph and its not because GM doesn't want you to be able to pass people on the highway ;-)
    Ya well if I need a new driveshaft I guess I'll get one made.

I just hate knowing my shit is limited, it bothers me

Does anyone know what driveshaft is used in police tahoes? Is there a part number for it to buy one from GM maybe? They have to be rated to run triple digits, cause them fuckers do it here in Florida on a regular basis and their shit most definitely isn't speed limited by the pcm!