Thread: 4l60e trouble

Potential Tuner

4l60e trouble

Hey guys, im new here and am not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. But im in need of some help. Ive recently swapped a 2003 5.3 into a 1993 chevy shortbed, I used a painless harness for my swap and a 2003 4l60e that i had rebuilt. Well my trouble is the motor runs great, everything plugged in smooth and as it should have, I had a reputable guy (LSX Guys) reprogram the computer but my problem is the transmission only has 2nd, and 3rd gear, If you put it in drive it starts off in 3rd gear, it will only go to 2nd if you do it manually on the column. Im at a loss here ive gone through everything more times then i can count and starting to get frustrated, any help with this would be awesome. Thanks in advance everyone.

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune and someone here can check it out to see if it is tune related. Sounds to be more wiring or mechanical, if I were to guess at it.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for looking. The tune should be attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    The file attached is a Stock File for a 2001 Chevy Silverado 4.8L with 4L60E.
    Compare it to you file you currently have and change all the table back to stock.
    Then see if it makes a difference.

You can leave the Torque Reduction tables zero'd out.

Only change the Transmission tables. Sorry, left that out.
    Last edited by MarkTucker; 05-11-2016 at 08:02 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Use these changes to the tune, and see if it makes a difference.