Thread: ba xr6T auto UNKNOWN tune that has issues

ba xr6T auto UNKNOWN tune that has issues

recently acquired a ba turbo, no idea who has tuned the thing, runs good BUT under load as soon as it hits second gear it dies in the ass and feels like torque control or reduction. any ideas by looking at the tune where to start? first gear pulls amazing and fry's tyres but that's where it ends.... haven't had time to log a run yet so hoping something sticks out in the file and is a obvious fix. any help would be awesome
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Jason,
    Besides the injector values looking very sus(deka's?), they most obvious thing I can see is ETC Trq Reduction for is set @ 1023nm, stock Value is 40nm.

I'd suggest putting the stock values back in. Also how much boost is it running as the time tables are basically stock.

Attached is a stock BA 4spd file that GrantLS1 upload to the tune repository. You can compare your tune to it and see the ETC/Trq stuff thats been changed.

I'd also put the Driver Demand and Trans Trunc values in Fuel Cut Torque Ration back to stock and then tweak the timing torque cut to get a clean shift.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Cheers man,

Car has 60lb dekas, seeing 14psi on the boost gauge. Fairly big mods for the baby tune

Pw3 cooler
    3.5" exhaust
    Mta900 external on a crg highmount

Will be going to Sydney shortly for a Dyno tune at cms but for not just want a car that will change without farting and killing power

I will return those values back to stock as for the timing torque cut what table is that one?

Advanced Tuner
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner in Training
    id love to see if this thing knocks on 14psi, i re-done a tune last night for a ba and added 2psi from 5000rpm onwards totally 12psi... about 5000 rpm at 1.9 air load it had a little knock so i backed the timing off a fair amount and it ran quicker when it was running 10psi..

i think the main issue for me is not being able to tune spark past 1.4 air load

Tuner in Training
    scrap the above worked out how to change air load, click air load in the table you are modifying then change load grid through that.

Oh dear
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner in Training
    practice makes perfect JET everythings a learning curve for me