Thread: 2009 Challenger RT Ignoring VE at WOT

Advanced Tuner

2009 Challenger RT Ignoring VE at WOT

Hi all,
    Brand new to the Dodge world of tuning, but I got some help from a member on another forum that made an impressive guide that made this thing made sense.

The car is a 2009 challenger with longtubes and no cats. I have been able to begin to dial in the part throttle ve with no issues, but no matter what I do with the VE bank1/2 tables it always has the same lambda error (usually floats around 1.00 LAM at wot when it's commanding .856). The wideband was installed in bank 2 tonight, but I'm going to move it to bank 1 tomorrow to see if it tells a different story.

I'll post the current tune where I tried to make some wild changes to the .65 and up section of the VE tables in order to try to see if anything would changes and nothing did. The

In this revision I was tuning with the b2 VE disabled to see if it would make any difference and it did not.

Any insight that points to the issue being in the tune and not mechanical would be great!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Did you turn off WOT delay?

Advanced Tuner
    Like he stated above^^^^^^
    WOT Delay.png
    Set your VSS Min to max 128mph.
    Set your RPM Max to 600rpm.

Give that a try and see if it helps with your issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks so much I'll try that when he comes by today!

Advanced Tuner
    I don't even see the ANN switch, but I'll disable these in the calibration if they are there too. Thanks so much!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    Hi all,
    Brand new to the Dodge world of tuning, but I got some help from a member on another forum that made an impressive guide that made this thing made sense.

The car is a 2009 challenger with longtubes and no cats. I have been able to begin to dial in the part throttle ve with no issues, but no matter what I do with the VE bank1/2 tables it always has the same lambda error (usually floats around 1.00 LAM at wot when it's commanding .856). The wideband was installed in bank 2 tonight, but I'm going to move it to bank 1 tomorrow to see if it tells a different story.

I'll post the current tune where I tried to make some wild changes to the .65 and up section of the VE tables in order to try to see if anything would changes and nothing did. The

In this revision I was tuning with the b2 VE disabled to see if it would make any difference and it did not.

Any insight that points to the issue being in the tune and not mechanical would be great!
    I'm in the middle of this steep learning curve as well, do you have a link to this guide that you found? I would really like to take a look at it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtaion View Post
    I'm in the middle of this steep learning curve as well, do you have a link to this guide that you found? I would really like to take a look at it.
    http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...53/index2.html

On my original issue, my friend hasn't been able to come over yet but I'm sure setting the VVT to disable and the wot delay will resolve the issue. It makes sense to me.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the suggestions with he wot delay and disabling all the vvt stuff. I unscientifically did both at once so I don't know which worked, but the car is doing what I'm asking it to as far as fueling goes.