Thread: EGT acceptable range

EGT acceptable range

Hey.
    This is something its been bothering me for a while. I keep seeing high egt in all application. For example, this 3.8 jk with stock tune and with 3 more ign timing. For me its not normal but with raptors, rams, jeeps, mustangs, its almoust the same.
    It doesnt make sense to me.
    Here is a 3.8 jk log.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is te stock tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Seems to be pretty normal with stock cars with stock exhaust systems.

When i see over 850 grades celsius im not confortably. What do you think....

I had no idea those stock vehicles came with real EGT sensors.

Which kinda leaves me thinking they arent real EGT sensors but just what the o2 sensors/computer think the temps are at. I know on some GM vehicles you can watch a temp reading but they aren't accurate because it's not a real sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    If it still has the stock catalyst system, its going to measure a very high temperature. I don't normally even worry about it. As long as your afr to dialed in correctly you will be fine.

You are correct. The number is calculated. There isn't a physical EGT sensor.

But 2012 ram do have pyro sensor inside catalic converter. This jk doesnt have catalic converter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier Wilde View Post
    But 2012 ram do have pyro sensor inside catalic converter. This jk doesnt have catalic converter.
    You seem to be worried about the readings still, even though you shouldn't need to worry about it.

Is your AFR dialed in properly? If it is, and its not running lean. Just let it be.

And an other thing is if you see y axel in any spark table the scale is way much wider than the scanner actualy reads. At Wot youll see 0.60 g and the scale goes over 1.4 g. How can i scaled the spark table?

This is a n/a example. ..But im seeing the same result on a boosted RAM and raptor...so thats what in worried about.

Advanced Tuner
    So you are saying in the VCM Editor, your spark table y axis end with 1.4g and you only hit a max of .6g in the scanner.

If so, simple answer is that you are not making enough power to max your spark table in terms of airflow.
    And on some vehicles you will come across a car that will max out the stock spark table and you will have to extend the y axis, and then you will have to rescale your timing table.

So you don't really want to have your timing table run off of the very last row on the table. If it does, then you most likely need to rescale the table if available to do so.