Thread: 2005 gto e40 pcm. afr quesstions

2005 gto e40 pcm. afr quesstions

whats the best way to test and see best afr? is there anyway to test without dyno? can i use the hp formula and test from there or am I wasting time and need to pony up and rent a dyno? i had someone help and i think it's a bit fat.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2005 gto m6
    kooks signature headers
    awespeed intake

I'm not sure what you are wanting to know. You have a wideband already so that's good.

Just run the correct stoich for the fuel you are running and play around with WOT fueling and see what works best. You might only get away with a 12.5 afr but it might stay happy as lean as 12.8 maybe.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

yes sorry i meant the wot fueling. just didnt know if there was a better way to test other than seat of pants or possibly track times. around here i'd be lucky to get 3 passes on a t&t night
    2005 gto m6
    kooks signature headers
    awespeed intake

here is my current tune
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2005 gto m6
    kooks signature headers
    awespeed intake

If you really want to know what the best is for your particular car then you need a dyno, or maybe track times. If you're consistent at the track then some use that to tell whether you're gaining or losing power. I think a dyno is probably a better option

Or just run similar AFR's/Timing to what other people have had success with. Not ideal, but you certainly won't be the first person to do it that way