Thread: After latest update, Scanner and Editor graphs do not match?

Advanced Tuner

Question After latest update, Scanner and Editor graphs do not match?

Ever since upgrading to the 3.0 version, my scanner and editor graphs no longer match, so doing a copy/paste special is not useable. What happens is it will change the wrong parameters, in the wrong areas...

The scanner now skips over many of the RPM areas...

Basically, the scanner only registers every 400 RPMS, but the Editor registers every 200 RPMS...???

I attached pics of both, and am hoping it's just a simple tweak of the scanner configuration, of which I have very little experience in...

How do I get these two graphs to register the same?

HPT1 (640x360).jpgHPT2 (640x358).jpg
    2000 Trans AM WS6 6.0, 4L80e, 9"
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3 liter Work Beater

Advanced Tuner

Thumbs down

Thanks for the replies. Figured it out. Couldn't have done it without you.

Like many others, I 100% regret "upgrading" to 3.0

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Should've just been a matter of creating a custom graph, in your case since it was already plotting correctly and all you wanted was a different scale it shouldn't take more than 10, maybe 20 seconds to copy over the values from your file into the scanner configuration. There have been multiple stickies in the scanner section on how to do this.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Just edit the values in the X and Y axis' of the graph. To make it easier, go into the tune, right click on the table in the tune, column axis, edit, copy all the values and paste into the column axis of the graph(s). Same with the row axis.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Should've just been a matter of creating a custom graph, in your case since it was already plotting correctly and all you wanted was a different scale it shouldn't take more than 10, maybe 20 seconds to copy over the values from your file into the scanner configuration. There have been multiple stickies in the scanner section on how to do this.
    The videos you made, that I was able to find yesterday, while getting more and more aggravated, were all out of date, showing the older easier for the average Joe, scanner/editor.

Not all of us HPTuner software owner/users are as well versed as some, as far as all the jargon is concerned.
    Also, not all of us use the software daily, or even regularly, so even some of the basics get confusing at times.
    What I was able to do, still isn't "right", but it was at least useable for me.
    I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys tinkering with his own toys, so maybe some of you experts can give us non-experts some help every now and then. What may be a dead horse to you, may be confusing to me...

I mean, you take the time to reply today, saying there have been countless stickies, and it "should have taken me 10 seconds" to figure it out...yet still offered no direction for me to help me...

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Just edit the values in the X and Y axis' of the graph. To make it easier, go into the tune, right click on the table in the tune, column axis, edit, copy all the values and paste into the column axis of the graph(s). Same with the row axis.
    Thanks, but when I do exactly that, after "column axis", the EDIT is not clickable...as in not highlighted, for some reason.

After like 2 hours of beating myself up yesterday, I finally was able to log my timing and retard, but nothing else...

It was so much easier before...especially for us dummies...lol
    2000 Trans AM WS6 6.0, 4L80e, 9"
    2008 Silverado LT 5.3 liter Work Beater

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm not talking about videos, I'm talking about the stickies our forum moderators took the time to create over the past several months http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads

Its a shame to let all their hard work go to waste.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm not talking about videos, I'm talking about the stickies our forum moderators took the time to create over the past several months http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads

Its a shame to let all their hard work go to waste.
    I agree Bill, but unless I am really missing it, I do not see anything in that link to help me.

All I was trying to find was my basic scanner, like I used for the last 5 years or so. I don't need or want any of the wideband stuff. I have an AEM wideband on the truck full time, and it's where I want it already. I was just trying to get my timing dialed in. I run a 93 octane tune for trailer towing, and an 87 octane tune for winter time. With the upgrade, I haven't been able to simply log for KR and adjust (Copy Paste Special) accordingly. I don't understand why all the basic stuff that used to be so simple, now requires a college degree...I'm just a dumb mechanic who dabbles for fun. Heck, I kinda miss the old serial port dongle myself.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just because there isn't one that is timing table specific doesn't mean they don't apply to you, the VVE one for instance shows you how to copy & paste the axis. This dates back to 2.24 and prior versions, copying and pasting an axis really hasn't changed much nor has making a custom histogram to your liking over the past 6 or 7 years.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, thanks for all the help....