Thread: 2013 5.0 Injector IPW and IDC logging

Advanced Tuner

2013 5.0 Injector IPW and IDC logging

When will this be added for 11-14 cars?

I think the S550's can log IPW and/or IDC.

Can that be added to earlier copperhead?

Mines a 2013 vehicle with a 2011 strategy in it. FPDL5A2.

Id like to see what the injectors are doing. I see the Fuel Pump Duty cycle which is helpful, but not the whole story.

Did you send an email to support to request this addition? I have a 2012 and wish that these were available as well.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    Injectors duty cycle would be awesome.

Advanced Tuner
    Im going to email support, but it looks like many people want injector monitors on scanner.

I actually am running into a IPW minimum issue i think, trying to get 80's to idle. At least I think thats what it is

Set the Min IPW to what Ford calls for, and it almost acts like its in Open Loop. No trims, Lambda reads rich (~.85) and it will not do anything until i crack the throttle. open throttle it acts normal. back to idle after that it will show trims but theyre like -25% and the trim activity stops. pull from the MAF in those areas and no change. Reduce the min IPW and it acts better, but it pops and gets angry; increase the min IPW and it idles much richer with the same behavior. Ive got it working for the most part now (just need to re-dial maf again) but Id like to see what the injectors are actually doing.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    if your running Ford racing 80s i think you will be wasting your time. go for injectors with "known" data
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    I have read that in a few places. But after a few changes I got the car working fine. It dips rich on rolling idle but climbs back up to 1.0 and hits 1.0 at standing idle just fine

Trims are now within 1.5-2% across the board and it idles smooth as it did with the 47s.

I'd still like to see what the injectors are actually doing but I was able to get it working right anyhow. No big deal.

It's not 100% perfect but it'll do until I go with return style lines. Though if I didn't change anything it still runs great and wouldn't "need" changing; I just like perfection.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    whats your IPW at idle
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Lol. That's why I posted this thread asking if we could get it added to scanner. I don't know. Presumably it's riding the min ipw setting though; cause setting it higher induces a rich idle and it pops into OL fault cause of a stuck rich code and conversely setting it lower it'll idle better.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlinke View Post
    When will this be added for 11-14 cars?

I think the S550's can log IPW and/or IDC.

Can that be added to earlier copperhead?

Mines a 2013 vehicle with a 2011 strategy in it. FPDL5A2.

Id like to see what the injectors are doing. I see the Fuel Pump Duty cycle which is helpful, but not the whole story.
    I can log IPW in my channels on my 2016 but i can't get any graph of IPW and Duty cycle Math doesn't seem to work. Anyone having better luck with 2015+?

Advanced Tuner
    I've managed to somehow get IPW to record on one datalog with my 12. I keep it selected and it usually dissapears when i start recording. Except, one datalog, it's there.

IPW works fine for me. 2012 Mustang GT with 2013 OSID.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP