Thread: LNF ZZP Opel Injectors

Advanced Tuner

LNF ZZP Opel Injectors

So looking for some information on these injectors.
    ZZP Opel Injectors.jpg
    ZZP Opel Injectors

So what exactly are these injectors from? Are they from a certain GM vehicle stock?

And second off, does anybody have a write up/ guide on setting up for these injectors?
    Injector Control.png

Tuner in Training
    Cssob I think said to multiply the injector constant to 1.15 for the upgraded injectors. I can only assume these were the ones he was talking about.
    Last edited by Shane H; 05-19-2016 at 10:56 AM. Reason: To avoid confusion

Tuner
    Don't set the injector constant to 1.15 you'll have major problems. I believe it's the current injector constant multiplied by 1.15 or 115% since they flow 15% more fuel.

I don't know which model of Opel they come from, but I think it's close to the LHU injectors also.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the information. So the data on their site says that the Stock Injector flows 120lb/hr @ 10mpa and the Opel Injectors flow 135lb/hr @ 10mpa.

So if that information is correct, then technically they flow 12% more fuel than the stock ones? And would need to multiply the Injector Constant by 1.12?

And do none of the other injector control tables need to be adjusted for them?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i use 10% increase but i tune my standards in first then verify the offset change post installation.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    So looking for some information on these injectors.
    ZZP Opel Injectors.jpg
    ZZP Opel Injectors

So what exactly are these injectors from? Are they from a certain GM vehicle stock?

And second off, does anybody have a write up/ guide on setting up for these injectors?
    Injector Control.png
    opelinj.jpg

LFN injector constant is time per mass rather than the normal mass per time, so you need to make the value smaller for higher flow injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    opelinj.jpg

LFN injector constant is time per mass rather than the normal mass per time, so you need to make the value smaller for higher flow injectors.
    Oh wow, the opposite of what everyone else has said. Well I have not installed the injectors yet, hopefully I will get them in the car beginning of next week to start tweak on this thing.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt M View Post
    opelinj.jpg

Interesting, didn't know that. I always wondered what the adjustment you guys recommended was.

these injectors are out of a Opel Astra J OPC 280HP stock, the correct injector constant out of the file is 16.49 g/s (E39A format, i dont have it for the bosch ecus).
    I have a EFR7163running more than 500 engine HP with these injectors on ZZP fuel lobe cams and proper low pressure pump.

Advanced Tuner
    If you have the luxury of dialing in the idle fuel trims on the tune before installing these, I will use fuel trim data to calibrate the flow of these afterwards. But they are around the 10% flow rate increase.

You wouldn't increase your injector constant, as that would increase requested fuel flow. You divide the current constant by your 1.10.....or multiply by your derived LTFT strategy depending on your preference.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone have an .hpt file they can post that has been tuned to work with these injectors (https://zzperformance.com/products/o...fuel-injectors)? Alternatively, can anyone post a picture of what the stock injector constant and delay values are for the Cobalt SS?

My stock injector delay values are quite a bit different than what's shown in the pictures posted by Matt M, so I'm trying to figure out how the stock values compare to my own to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

Here are my stock values:
    injector_maps_stock.png

And here are the values modified to match what's in this thread:
    injector_maps_tuned.png

Potential Tuner
    Here to bump a thread. just dropped $2k on an LDK longblock and $400 on Opel Injctors and ZZP is telling me I need to spend another $600 for their tune if I want the injector table values.... Unreal. I multiplied the injector constant by 0.87, since they flow 13% more than stock LNFs. Any other changes needed? Currently running an E47 tune, full bolt ons and stock turbo.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mukhery View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone have an .hpt file they can post that has been tuned to work with these injectors (https://zzperformance.com/products/o...fuel-injectors)? Alternatively, can anyone post a picture of what the stock injector constant and delay values are for the Cobalt SS?

My stock injector delay values are quite a bit different than what's shown in the pictures posted by Matt M, so I'm trying to figure out how the stock values compare to my own to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

Here are my stock values:
    injector_maps_stock.png

And here are the values modified to match what's in this thread:
    injector_maps_tuned.png
    You are looking at the wrong tables based on what Matt M posted.

Potential Tuner
    Decrease injector constant 12-13% and make the adjustments that Matt M posted.

[ECM] 12308 - Injector Offset vs. Pressure Delta vs. IGNV: This value is added to the injector pulse width as the delay time it takes for the injector to operate. It varies with the pressure across the injectors and battery voltage.

It defines the electro-mechanical operating characteristics of the injectors so the PCM can define a more accurate IPW to meet the fuel mass requirements. Besides the standard fuel mass calculation, the offset as well as the SPA are included in the final applied IPW for a more accurate fuel mass delivery. You will find that many of these values depending on injector types especially at idle rpm/pressure are like .5 to 1.2 ms which at idle makes up as much as half the required pulse width. Without these adjustments, as well as the small pulse adjustment SPA) the PCM can not deliver an adequate fuel mass and idle can be negatively affected.

Potential Tuner
    Im in the same boat. so far I have the stage 3 kit and tune from RPM motorsports. bought HP tuners and 3 bar sensors and have implemented them and made the tune adjustments for them. I now have installed the opal injectors mentioned above with plans to run some e mix. Right now I am trying to dial in these injectors on 93 before going any further. I made the changes Matt recommended and logged I got this
    .02499 inj constant.PNG
    seeing the trims are pretty heavy + I adjusted the inj constant to .02500 but are still + am I headed in the correct direction. Im confused as why the spread is so great. shouldn't the table be more consistant or do I have to set the whole MAF table to all 1 to get a smoother STFT+LTFT table?
    .025 inj constant.PNG
    please bear with me as im pretty new to this but I have a pretty good understanding of the basics I just am still wrapping my head around the specific tables in the LNF and how they are effecting stuff. I have read these fourms until my eyes bleed but at some point you just have to dive in. I am looking at the WB and knock during all this testing and things look ok on that front so as far as I know im not doing any harm by logging these am I?

Potential Tuner
    Found out im just dumb I need to cal my MAF before I try to do this. Using the MAF Calibration video by Alex Johnson I am getting way better numbers. I am going to continue to clean it up before trying E mix.