Thread: totally new to this and need help

Potential Tuner

totally new to this and need help

ok so I logged the factory data from my car and sent it through email to my tuner. he sent me a base tune and a new maf file. this is what he sent back.

---------------------
    Here is the tune and logger.

Part throttle and wot pulls needed

The config is the Config you will load in the scanner to log the correct things
    -------------------------

I'm lost for the most part.

I know have to load the base tune to my car through vcm editor. this is about as far as I feel comfortable going. I don't understand the rest. does he need part throttle and wot while driving the car or parked. how do I send him what the car is reading with his base tune. will this use more credits. if this is not in the right section I apologize. thanks in advance to anybody that helps.

If you already used 2 credits on the tune you pulled from the vehicle so you can edit it, you don't have to buy anymore credits for that vin/vehicle.

He likely wants you to add the changes to the tune file you sent it, then run the car and do the different driving situations he has said to you.

You log everything with the VCM scanner. Pretty simple really, just start logging and go for a 20min drive or something. Enough to get the motor warm and do normal in town driving with a few times getting heavy into the throttle. Lots of stuff you read up on if you need to know more.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thank you very much sir. I will definitely be reading in to more I was just confused and it was late and I couldn't really ask him.