Thread: 2013 Corvette converter tuning

Tuner in Training

2013 Corvette converter tuning

Hey all, first post here. I have a couple questions on how to go about resolving some issues I've been having. I recently had a cam/converter swap done - went with a stock size Pro Torque 2800 stall. I have both HPT (which I bought specifically to mess with regulator gain/offset, but I have found it to be much better for tuning the 6L80 than the other) and another tuning software (I've done my ECM tune entirely with that software, and I'd prefer to keep it that way to avoid any potential issues). Here's what I'm dealing with:

1. When the converter is locked, if I apply a decent bit of throttle, the converter slips ~500 RPM (don't have a log showing this yet, sorry). As soon as I back off the throttle, it drops right back into full lock. I initially thought this was an issue with the factory regulator gain/offset values, so I bought HPT since the other software doesn't have access to these tables. I'm currently trying values of 1.0/90, and still experiencing the same issue. I don't see any tables/settings related to PID, so not sure what the issue is. I figure I may be able to resolve this by bumping up the torque model a bit in my other software (I prefer tuning the E38 with the other software, and the T43 with HPT, just so that I'm not going back and forth between softwares for each controller). I've done a bit of reading on this issue, and it seems that we're still missing the PWM tables for this trans...What are all the Corvette, Camaro, G8, truck, etc. owners doing to mitigate this lockup issue without these tables?

2. The car drives exactly according to the tune when the shifter is in D, or when I use the paddles to command gear shifts in TUTD (meaning, the car shifts when it should and the converter locks when it should). However, when I put the shifter in the S position, the car will still obey the set shift points, but it seems to be ignoring the lockup tables completely. I currently have normal, pattern A, and pattern B shift points and TCC points set identically to each other - everything works as it should except in S mode. - NOTE - I don't know if I had this issue prior to the converter swap, as I did not have the converter set to lock at all in S mode before.

I have attached my current tune below. Shift times/pressures are from a 2014 Corvette A6 (All the values have been interpolated so that they are properly corrected for the different torque values in the C7 tables). I'm running full TM, and the car shifts like a dream. I have no signs of trans slip or any other issues save for the converter issues mentioned above.

I would love any advice or suggestions. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files