Thread: Caliber SRT4 COT parameters missing

Caliber SRT4 COT parameters missing

Hey everyone. I have tuned several Caliber SRT4s and every single one of them has an issue where the cars will dump fuel, enriching to 0.63 Lambda and closing the throttle. I have all the visible limits moved out of the way and the only thing that seems plausible at this point is Cat Overtemp Protection. Is there anyway we can get the tables for COT added? I have been pushing for more complete support for NSRT4/NGC3 and CSRT4/GPEC for quite some time, namely getting knock retard and mg/stroke added but I believe this takes priority. I get more NSRT4/CSRT4 tuning requests than any of the newer cars/trucks. The latest car I tuned is a big wheel stock turbo car and I have it running right about 20psi. I have managed to keep the throttle open through 3rd but in 4th, the car dumps fuel and oscillates the throttle between 100% and 50% at 0.63 commanded Lambda. As a result, the car doesn't make the power it should and WOT "fun factor" is terrible. For some reason I didn't save the logs from earlier today but I have an older log of the car doing the same thing in 3rd gear. It seems when the car is running more timing, the throttle doesn't close and commanded Lambda stays the same. When you pull timing, such as when dialing in the fueling or for more boost, the car knows retarded timing equals higher EGT so it dumps more fuel. This is a huge problem right now and I hope someone from HPT is listening. It would help immensely to have the missing tables added. Thank you.

Poole1.hpl
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Senior Tuner
    can you post up the tune?

If you PM me your email address I would be more than happy to send it to you. I have a lot of time invested in this platform and I would rather not have my tune floating around publicly. I know there is no parameter or way to keep the ECU from causing the fuel dump and closing the throttle. Feel free to browse this stock file.

Poole Stock.hpt
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Tuner
    I been told secondary torque limiters are missing

I tried to get around the torque limiters by raping the Engine Friction Torque table and had the ECU reporting under 100ft/lbs at WOT via Diablosport. Looks like something other than a torque limiter. I can shut off COT in NGC3 SRT4 Neons so I would assume COT is available in GPEC as well. Are there any other GPEC1 ECUs that have been more fully mapped?

Senior Tuner
    I PM'd you my email address a few days back, haven't seen a response. Tough to help without knowing what of the 20+ items that need to be changed. I agree COT should be mapped out, but closing of the throttle body indicates an airflow limit, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    I PM'd you my email address a few days back, haven't seen a response. Tough to help without knowing what of the 20+ items that need to be changed. I agree COT should be mapped out, but closing of the throttle body indicates an airflow limit, most likely.

I have been asking support for this a while now and they said they are working on these pcm. I guess we just need to have more people emailing support about the same issue and maybe they will go ahead and do it.

Potential Tuner
    Logged in to see how the Caliber tuning was going for everyone. I guess not good. My wifes Caliber is at the shop right now trying to finish a tune. Once the tuner gets it to 25psi boost, the car cuts out. I believe he said the pcm was cutting the ignition or something. Plenty of fuel, throttle percentage good. I am really scared we just dumped a shitload of money into this car thinking it could be tuned. I fear the worst now. Better off with a clamp now.

I've had to close the gaps down on the plugs on these cars to 0.020 or less to keep spark from blowing out. It acts like a limiter. I hear Diablo has Dwell settings mapped out and those can be adjusted to help it out but its not available in HPT.