Thread: 2.3 ecoboost Mustang

2.3 ecoboost Mustang

Is there anyone who is more familar with the ecoboost files than me? I need some help with torque and throttle angle source. Knock retard is also to much.
    thanks!
    Henry

Run4.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Having the same issues. Sub'd. New to the EcoBoost platform, how much higher is this boost level than stock?

I see your data log, how did you make the throttle open smoothly ?
    can you help me with the throttle tuning

Tuner
    You should be able to log more sources than you currently have. See if you can log both torque air limit source and spark source, if you see more sources log those too. Also log desired air load along with the actual air load you’re currently logging. Right now your throttle is closing, but it’s hard to tell why.

As for the spark you’ll need to log timing advance, spark source, and learned average to see what octane the ecu thinks you have. Once those are logged you can start trying to figure out what’s going on with your spark.

Tuner in Training
    If you want the throttle to stay open then tune boost to achieve target quickly, you can simply modify the base wastegate tables. Example of a 6 speed 2018 I am helping tune.

jeff.png
    Whalen's Speed R&D

03 Evolution- 9.00 @ 169.8
    17 Can am x3- 200whp on the corn.
    2018 slow ecoboost-trying to make it fast.

What was involved with modifying the base wastegate tables? What were you looking for and changing?

Tuner in Training
    Well I simply dropped the entire table in 5% increments until my throttle stayed open. It seems like Ford wanted to use the throttle which is obviously weird and it can be fine tuned to achieve boost quickly and keep the throttle open.
    Whalen's Speed R&D

03 Evolution- 9.00 @ 169.8
    17 Can am x3- 200whp on the corn.
    2018 slow ecoboost-trying to make it fast.

Tuner
    which BAse Wastegate Tables ? or you referring to the Maximun Torque demand Table?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GCtech View Post
    which BAse Wastegate Tables ? or you referring to the Maximun Torque demand Table?
    Wastegate base DC