Thread: Programming

Potential Tuner

Programming

Hello guys, I want to ask something ive done many times how to cancel HO2'S,EVAP and CATALYST sensors from 2007+ GMC V8 Engine model but in 2006-2001 model the HP tuner cant read the Vin number is there any procedure how to cancel it?

I'm sorry if I don't understand the question but exactly doesn't read and you want to cancel what?

Are you saying that the 2007+ V8 computers can read the VIN number off the computer but a 2001-2006 cannot read the vin number??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yes exactly sir, i want to cancel Oxygen sensor,EVAP and Catalyst for 2001 up to 2006 model is there any procedure?

The same basics still apply. Just disable the DTC's related to the sensors you are no longer running.

I would still leave the rear o2 sensors plugged into the harness but just zip tie them to the frame. I know on my 2006 sierra there was a cat converter test that HPT cannot shut off and with the having no sensors plugged into the harness it would go into a cat test. Once the rear o2 sensor were plugged back in with the codes still disabled, the test went away.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yes exactly sir, i want to cancel Oxygen sensors, Evap and Catalyst is there any procedure how to cancel it?

Advanced Tuner
    Engine Diag>DTCs then select each code that you are wanting to have removed. Make sure the check box is not checked and the drop down box read "No Error Report"

Example below showing disabling P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold(Bank 1)
    DTC disable.png