Thread: 2015 Scat Pack- was tuned with diablo. Now want to use HP Tuners ???

Tuner in Training

2015 Scat Pack- was tuned with diablo. Now want to use HP Tuners ???

I have a 15 scat pack a8 that has a magnuson blower and it was tuned with the diablo and cmr software. I have the trinity but am doing more stuff and will need to tune and want to do it myself. Will it read the current tune in the car or will I have to start from scratch ? Or would it be possible to use a stock hellcat file and just go from there. Car makes 548whp and should be around 670whp when done.

Does it have internals Done??

Tuner in Training
    It will have all the necessaries done, rods, pistons etc. of course. With some adjustments with just the trinity i went from 506whp to 542whp and was much more consistent and still a safe tune. Now its time for 14lbs and all the good stuff. I am getting back into using hp tuners after not touching it since 2010, and of course modern mopars are another task in itself to tune.

Senior Tuner
    Cant just overwrite the calibration with a hellcat tune but you should be able to read the tune just fine that's in it now from Diablo tuning, you will have to email support to be able to write to the PCM.

I would use the Hellcat tune as a reference to start seeing what SHOULD be changed but wouldn't just generically change everything to match.

Tuner in Training
    The pcm is currently unlocked. So i will i have to email hp tuners support to unlock it again or are you just saying as far as registering the vin to hp.

Senior Tuner
    Not 100% sure, I don't believe you need it unlocked again (i.e. sending it in) but they need to do something to make it be able to write to the vehicle.

My PCM was unlocked thru HP but Diablo Trinity works fine on it. I think youll have to post the file or email it to support and they can get it squared away. You shouldn't have to send it in again.