Thread: FG Boost Control Tuning (missing Parameters)

Tuner

FG Boost Control Tuning (missing Parameters)

I think we are all aware that we have some missing boost control parameters, anyone know what they are and can direct Eric to find them?

I have tuned most models now and they generally play ball, except a hand full of FG's which I have been forced to use the Turbo Test DC on most which obviously isn't ideal with such a clever boost controller at our disposal, I recently had a 2011 Man F6 which achieved exactly what was commanded in open and closed loop? I try the exact same approach on any other Fg and they don't want to play, just spiking to 100% DC on the hit of the throttle. I have people moving over from SCT and while I can generally get the car to idle, cruise and pull better then before they lack the response due to not having full control of the boost. Or am I missing something?

I'm happy to work with anyone to get this sorted and deliver customers a quality tune

Advanced Tuner
    The SCT tunes are probably in Open Loop. Check.

If you are getting 100% DC and closed loop is enabled, the PCM thinks it's massively under-boosted. Make sure your desired boost reflects the turbocharger you're using.

Take a decent log with all the boost control DMR's etc.

Tuner
    Thanks toads, you were right, it thought it was under boosted but not because of the desired table, it was because I raised the under boost threshold to 10psi. It's now achieving desired every time

Advanced Tuner
    did lowering the underboost threshold fix the not getting the commanded boost issue?