Thread: any one has play with a CVT tranny??

Advanced Tuner

any one has play with a CVT tranny??

im about to star tunning a 2008 jeep patriot 2.4L and a CVT tranny and i have some doubts that the gained torque on the engine wont make that crappy tranny to cry or just die so please take a look of the vcm

also the tune its all crazy I only have this stock read and a pseudo LOG i make V 3.0 wont logg almost anything on this plataform
    i know is a shitty car to tune but down here theres a lot of them so is just good business i dont want to spray 150hp nitrous on it just the basic tune-up timing wot delay tqmgt etc etc nothing extra fancy

thanks for any help you can give me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico

Senior Tuner
    theres no trans support for that setup, so you will be limited to just engine tuning. Everything is relative, I am sure a few horsepower can be gained by adding some timing and fuel, but I don't think itll be anything the stock trans cant handle.

Advanced Tuner
    yeah thats what i tough ...i dont want the tranny to do unreal things i just ask if anyone has messed with one so i can know how thin is the ice that im step in now (how much tqmngt i can take out) or any pointers on that thanks for the reply
    all the way from Tampico bay Mexico