Thread: why timing advance dont change theese 78 and e83 files and tunez

why timing advance dont change theese 78 and e83 files and tunez

Hello Pro's ,

I am coming from Siemens ecu's on GM cars , and have experience and good results about them.
    And I had a HPT GM pack but not use and work a lot since 2015.

Here is my works about e78 and e83 ecm for euro Cruze's

I need some advices from the Pro's about the tunes for 95-98 oct gasoline.
    After tunes can not see timing advance change and increase , still same , why?

thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Post up a log.

You added 2* to the entire table above .34g airmass. And Modified the IAT and ECT modifier tables, and also changed the calibration for the IAT sensor(you should return the IAT calibration back to stock).

But it could be a number of things, if you did not see a increase in spark advance after the change.
    Are you getting spark retard?

thx for the Reply Mark,

ok to back IAT calibration , another theese are ok or good enugh ? Do I need mod any more maps ?

No retard , didnt take alog but I follow the timing advance for high load %90-100 at online from tablet-torque pro-wifi obd. It shows correct data as I use it for 3 years.
    It must be seen 3-5 degree more advance 1000-4000 rpm , but only could seen maybe 1-2 degree more .
    Doest it matter , if chenge retard table limits or disable , for more timing advance ?
    how can I catch it ? Which table should I disable timing retard ?

Advanced Tuner
    I am not following what you are saying, I am sorry.

You added 2 degrees of timing to your entire spark advance table above .34g airmass. So if you are seeing a increase of 1-2 degrees more then it is working correctly.

Do NOT disable knock retard!

thx ,

Why ECT modifier table does not effect timing advance increase ? according to theese modify timing advance should be seen more 2-3 d3gree because of reduction is less than before ?