Thread: Installed 3.0 - Now MPVI Pro Interface Flashing Error Light When I Try to Record

Installed 3.0 - Now MPVI Pro Interface Flashing Error Light When I Try to Record

Installed 3.0 - had to download a driver for the interface to get the laptop to recognize the interface.

Got the driver downloaded and installed and was able to connect to one of my vehicles and saw data on the screen coming from the running vehicle.

Disconnected the laptop and tried to use the standalone record function of the Pro interface. The red ERR led started flashing at me.

Tried it on a different vehicle and got the same result.

How do I get that functionality back?

Thanks in advance.
    03 Avalanche Z66
    5.3L, Vortech supercharger, water/meth injection, circle D 3200 stall converter, truetrac diff, shorty JBA headers
    Replaced 5.3 with ATK 6.0 460 hp crate motor - haven't put sc and w/m on it yet

00 vert vette
    Rebuilt LS1 with large cam, injectors, ported and slightly milled 243 heads, Weiand/Lingenfelter Intake Manifold, Vararam Ram Air Intake, LT headers, no cats, Corsa Indy exhaust, higher stall converter

What version of HP Tuners are you using? What build #?

Have you written a stand along logging config to the unit?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    What version of HP Tuners are you using? What build #?

Have you written a stand along logging config to the unit?
    I saw this note, after inquiring about a similar or same issue, so I started looking through instructions, but I must be brain dead as it seems I am missing or just not catching things in the instructions, as I don't even know how yet, to write the logging config to the unit.
    I've read through almost everything, it seems twice, but still missing it. Maybe it's that I'm not finding the Pro unit stuff, except a few items. I'm kinda a newbie, but I am a techy, I understand more than many mechanics, but again, between work and other items, maybe I need to take a break, take the tuner with me on my week long fishing trip whilst I have no "real job" stuff to deal with and try starting over.

I'm assuming you've already connected to/logged the vehicle you'll be using it on at least once.

So.. Basics steps from there:

Connect interface to laptop via USB
    Add/remove whatever channels you want included when logging on via standalone
    Go to Vehicle-->MPVI Pro Data Logging
    Select Slow or Normal depending on your preference
    Hit "Write config"

Give it a minute or two.. Once that is complete you should be good to go with 'standalone' logging.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I'm assuming you've already connected to/logged the vehicle you'll be using it on at least once.

So.. Basics steps from there:

Connect interface to laptop via USB
    Add/remove whatever channels you want included when logging on via standalone
    Go to Vehicle-->MPVI Pro Data Logging
    Select Slow or Normal depending on your preference
    Hit "Write config"

Give it a minute or two.. Once that is complete you should be good to go with 'standalone' logging.
    Just curious, which is better, slow or normal? Seems I read something in instructions, can't remember off top of my head.
    Thanks

I use normal but you won't get a ton of recording time using that setting. It fills up the interface pretty quick.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Well................
    schpenxel, thanks for that, minute I saw your note, I remembered right where that was in the instructions, got right at it and seemed to work, just getting ready to plug it in and see if I can find the data it recorded. I did use normal, but this was a quick trip kinda did 3 segments with a variation in driving habits for each, guessing segments are 12 to 15 min each.
    I think after some additional readings and questions I found answered here, I got the bugs out for the most part. Wrote my first file, only adjusted shift points and too 100 mph limiter off. Oddly, it adjusted the shift points in "normal mode", I am missing the place for the other settings, power mode shift point and pressure (didn't change pressure much if any in normal). I know there is a safety 1st gear "auto detect shift point", as well, though it worked 2nd to 3rd, but not now, was hoping to adjust upshifts and downshifts for some fun road track time, once I finish the suspension, it's going wild. For now I'll be happy with a nice shift in normal and a couple hundred extra rpms in power mode.
    Working with a few simple engine mods at this point, but once the tires hit the ground not long after our vacation, I'm breaking her open a bit.
    I am and have always been such a "hands on type", I've been reading (instructional and scans) as I'm going to get a feel for the basics, and read a WHOLE lot more before I do to many changes, just the perfect 90 plus and humid day, felt that could be worst case starting point.

Potential Tuner
    Revival...
    Anyone having this issue still? I follow the instructions for writing config to the MPVI and still get an error every time I try to record.

Tuner
    Ditto; I get "Err" no matter how many times I write the config to the MPVI. I've emailed support and I am waiting on a response. I'll do my best to remember to post back here with the resolution (I spent half an hour searching and every thread I found ended with "email support" and no posted fix -- how annoying!).

Tuner
    Ok, so as of yesterday, I was able to get stand-alone logging working. Unfortunately, I don't have a single "do this" to fix it as I had made multiple changes at one time.

1) I updated the computer software from version 3.2.111 to 3.4.84
    2) I wrote a calibration to the vehicle
    3) I ran "write config" again (for the umpteenth time)

After this, stand-alone logging worked fine.

The one thing I noted, however, is that using the "vehicle default" channel setup for a C6 Z06 with the standalone logging set to "normal" read interval resulted in about 2.78MB worth of log files - for a total of 20 minutes and 37 seconds worth of recording. I would have hoped there would be more than 3mb/21mins worth of logging ability though -- that's not even enough for a single HPDE session. I've started going through the channel setup and removing unnecessary stuff (NB O2 volts, fuel capacity, etc.) as well as cut back the frequency of a number of variables that are slowly changing (coolant temp every 5s instead of every 1s or 2s) to see how much that helps increase the available capacity. Being able to plug in an external SD card for added logging capacity would be nice though.