Thread: Baute Rate Timout Error on SRT4

Tuner in Training

Baute Rate Timout Error on SRT4

baud rate.JPG

Anybody seen this error before? I got it while trying to flash a srt4. Flashes worked fine earlier and now all of a sudden they will not work. The Baud Rate error pops up when I cycle the key on after the 3 second wait. I also sometimes get something saying unlicensed vehicle. Vehicle is licensed and has been flashing no problem all day until now.

The car still runs fine and the scanner still works. The car has plenty of battery voltage.
    SHUETUNING
    Powertraincontrolsolutions

Advanced Tuner
    I see you haven't got a reply yet, I am honestly not sure of the issue. But in the meanwhile send the same screenshot and a VCMSuiteInfo file to Support@HPTuners. Give them a good description of your issue to them as well.

Good luck

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I did send them one earlier today as well so hopefully I will have an answer.

This problem cost me hours on the dyno today. Pretty frustrated haha.

I tested my cable on a gm vehicle afterwards with no issue so it seems to be something with this particular one.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sohc_mshue View Post
    Thanks. I did send them one earlier today as well so hopefully I will have an answer.

This problem cost me hours on the dyno today. Pretty frustrated haha.

I tested my cable on a gm vehicle afterwards with no issue so it seems to be something with this particular one.
    I'm assuming the obvious has already been looked into, that being a turbo timer?

Tuner in Training
    No turbo timer on there.

What is the date on the ecu? Early 04 ecus have a old bootloader and HPT doesnt work if its an early 04 ecu. I can however upgrade the bootloader with the manufacturer's most recent one.

Tuner in Training
    It flashed fine for a couple of hours before this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparking View Post
    What is the date on the ecu? Early 04 ecus have a old bootloader and HPT doesnt work if its an early 04 ecu. I can however upgrade the bootloader with the manufacturer's most recent one.
    I know this is old. I have an early 04 ecu. Can you still upgrade bootloader?