Potential Tuner

Stop showing video input file after it ends

Here's the scenario:
    • Windshield video that runs ~20 minutes
    • Data file that runs ~20 minutes
    • In-car video that runs ~13 minutes in length

Here's what I want to accomplish:
    • Show the two videos and data for the segments in which all 3 are running
    • After the shorter (in-car) video ends, hide it from view so I can't see it on the screen

The problem is, when the in-car video ends, the last frame of the video stays visible for the remaining 7 minutes of data and windshield video.

How can I configure this such that the shorter, in-car video stops appearing entirely once RaceRender reaches the end of the file?

You can use Timeline Segments on the display object to make that video window disappear at the time of your choosing:

1) Seek the preview to the time at which you want that video to disappear.
    2) Double-click on that video display, which will open it's properties box on the right.
    3) Click the "Add" button at the top right of the properties box. This will create the timeline segment.
    4) A time index prompt will appear, already pre-filled to the current preview time, so simply click "OK" to accept it as it is.
    5) Un-check the "Active" checkbox, which will cause that video display to disappear.

Afterwards, you should find that the video you performed this on will play up to that point, and then simply disappear from the screen.

Potential Tuner
    This accomplished exactly what I was after, thank you.

It would be convenient to be able to do this for multiple elements at once. It turns out my datalogger stopped recording with 2 laps remaining in the session; it was a bit tedious to have to add a segment for each of the data overlays (g-forces, RPM, speed, track map, time, lap indicator, brake light, throttle light).