Thread: 2015 GT Mustang forced induction torque tables

Tuner in Training

Angry 2015 GT Mustang forced induction torque tables

Hi guys

Having some issues trying to get the torque tables dialled in on a whole bunch of ROUSH supercharged mustangs we have been doing here lately.

I feel like I know what the problem is - please someone correct me if I'm wrong

With the FI stuff on the GT mustang, in the TM section, the torque, and torque inverse tables must be dialled in correctly to stop the car shutting throttle on you at different times and causing drivability issues.

I have logged INDICATED TQ and EXPECTED/ DESIRED TQ against each other, and whenever these two parameters seems to diff by more than 100nm or so, I can see the IPC WHEEL TQ ERROR pid increase dramatically, which perfectly coincides with the slight throttle closures we see when during on the road causing our issues.

What is the best method to get this table dialled in something blown or turbo for each of the different MP. I have the calculator to obviously created the inverse table for torque inverse.

Is it simply a matter of creating a graph / histogram with INDICATED TQ plotted against the torque table for each load point, and trying to populate this as well as possible? Given that we are supercharged, would you suggest rescaling the load axis (I have tried both ways so far)?

Any other tips or suggestions?

I have attached a copy of the current tune file so far - as well as a quick log from the street

THRILR_5.0_m6_eccroushblowerbase_warrantydetune_new_stockdd_stocktqinv_bestsofar.hptmustangipcwheeltorqueerror.hpl

just a quick peak, with the imrc's deleted you have the hardware disabled but you need to set all positions to open. You also still have the mapped points on for the IMRC which may cause you some funny issues as well.

you have to calculate every torque table new, to get the lowest possible torque error. indicated torque mapped points and torque inverse too.
    check this!
    http://www.masterenginetuner.com/201...e-maps-p1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    you have to calculate every torque table new, to get the lowest possible torque error. indicated torque mapped points and torque inverse too.
    check this!
    http://www.masterenginetuner.com/201...e-maps-p1.html
    Thank you for posting this!!! I will have to give this a read. This guy posts some great stuff. I need to update the newby thread.

Good article. It would be nice to the adjustment of the driver demand. I have seen a lot of debate on that topic. Also, would it be wise to figure out with a bone stock car how much your dyno is reading differently from Ford's torque tables to maybe offset the calculations? I will also have to look and see if he posted an article about Speed Density tuning like he said. Looks like he will be posting more info on that supercharged GT, which is an HP Tuners project car as far as I know.

you have to create a histogram for idicated torque and create a calculation to get the Torque inverse. For every mapped poind, for every cell in every tables.
    nobody tell its simple to tune

What do the smaller numbers in the torque inverse table represent (1.1 1.0 etc)? Some sort of correction?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
    What do the smaller numbers in the torque inverse table represent (1.1 1.0 etc)? Some sort of correction?
    Calculated load i believe

Does anyone fully understand this? I need some help. I have increased boost on my car and need to update these tables.

Using the math in the link posted and my most recent dyno graph I think I understand how to update the tables correctly just want to make sure.

My understanding is under indicated engine torque (optimum power), lets say at 4000rpm, I would look at my dyno graph, plug in the torque number measured at 4000rpm, then using the math in the link posted above calculate the torque inverse table for 4000rpm.

Then under driver demand I would pretty much put what my car makes at 4000RPM. Does that sound correct? or am I way off here.

2011 coyote btw.

Thanks.

Anyone have some clarification?