Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maf/Fuel Trim tuning help

Will try this, I'll post back, Thank you.

EDIT: Flashed the car according to the link you provided. The car almost acted like the MAF is dialed in at idle. 1-2% trims at idle.
    still runs better without the following changes. ill be posting a video of the idle and its inconsistencies.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-rK1rTvM4Q
    Last edited by TuneRS; 06-09-2016 at 10:07 AM.
    2013 Roush stage 3
    Pypes cat delete
    Tuned by me.

Tuner in Training
    I'm having the same problem as TuneRS I cant seem to get the damn histogram to log right. it only logs the first box in the top left corner. I have maf period in my channels as well.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by modularmotorsports View Post
    I'm having the same problem as TuneRS I cant seem to get the damn histogram to log right. it only logs the first box in the top left corner. I have maf period in my channels as well.
    LTFT + STFT.Table.xml Try this histogram, it seems to be working for me. You will have to fix the period reference axis to match what your strategy is using but it should work.

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks you very much ill try it later tonight once I get back from doing the fathers day thing.

Tuner in Training
    This might be a dumb question but I'll ask it. I set up the histogram like instructed in here and it works. I've data logged the car and have copied over the maf info and it seems to be dialed in more. Its working and that's good, but I want to understand why it works.

Can someone explain how this works? How does it give the correct maf data?

Thanks for explaining this to us.

Tim

Senior Tuner
    The ECU is reading a signal from the MAF and has a table it uses to interpret how much airflow corresponds to that signal. You are programming the values telling it how much air is coming in. When you datalog you are getting an air to fuel ratio error and changing the MAF table to tell it that more or less air is coming in so it knows to inject more or less fuel.

Assuming you have no other tuning issues that affect delivered fueling (incorrect injector data)

Error in Airflow Model = Error in Delivered Fueling

or

Error in MAF = Fuel Trims

Therefore you can multiply the MAF by the fuel trims and get the car dialed in.
    Last edited by AKDMB; 06-29-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys, that makes complete sense now.

Tim