Thread: Fujita CAI on Solstice

Tuner

Fujita CAI on Solstice

I have a Fujita CAI on my Solstice GXP. I've had a p2188 - too rich at idle, ever since I was dyno tuned. I've been told to get rid of the CAI as Fujita's on our car are nothing but trouble. The CEL comes on only after the car has been driven for a while and usually on decel with a backfire. It also comes on more frequently when the a/c is on.... Should I get rid of the CAI and go back to stock or try to tune around it? Or should I go with another CAI like GM's CAI for the car?

Tuner
    Not sure what engine came with the GXP, but I would say you should be able to tune the issues out. Now it may take a serious amount of time if the GXP has an LNF engine, and a very good understanding of how the tables combined together.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the gxp should be 2.0 turbo motor(LNF/LDK/AN20 series). you will have to tune the maf sensor for any air intake kit. each one tumbles the air past the sensor differently and causes their own issues.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    The GXP is an LNF.

CAIs really don't do much for the LNF on the Kappas. If you have to have one, I'd suggest the GMPP.

Tuner
    I already know all of this. I keep getting code p2188 - too rich at idle. I had to replace my cam exhaust and intake solenoids as they also set a code. Since I've replaced them, the p2188 doesn't come on as much and usually only happens on decel with the AC running and after a nasty backfire. I know the MAF is in a weird place on the Fujita compared to the others out there. It's at the bend on the inside and about 1/2 way up the tube, where everyone else's is at the nose. I also know the CAI does nothing for the car other then amplify the turbo sound....GM did a good job of letting the car breathe with the stock intake. I was curious if it was even possible to "tune" this particular CAI with this engine. I've had the car for 4 years and never got he p2188 with my old tune. It started after my dyno tune....

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    yes it needs a tune
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman