Thread: Can't access a car that I have already licensed.

Tuner in Training

Can't access a car that I have already licensed.

I have a friend that I licensed his WS6 T/A. I've done many minor tweaks on, turned off rear O2's, ect. I have the standard version of MPVI. He had it cammed and professionally dyno tuned with HPT pro. I pulled the tune and looked at it but it want's me to re-license it. Can anyone tell me? It's a 1999 motor and computer in a 2001 or 2002 body.

We both used 3.0. Could he have changed the VIN on the computer to match the body. 99 and 02 have different OS, right? I'm 99% sure that it used say 1999 Pontiac in the past when I did a complete read. Today it showed a 2002. The ECM was not changed.

1. I don't want to spend 2 more credits. He just wanted me to kill an evap code for him tonight but we may want to make some other tweaks, like shift points, once we get it to the track.

2. I don't want to screw up the pro's tune. It runs great.

It was tuned in real-time while it was on the dyno if that makes a difference. Anyone?
    2011 Silverado ECSB 4x4 5.3, 6L80, Magnaflow cat-back, Airaid CAI.

Gone but not forgotten. '02 Avalanche 5.3, Vortech supercharged, 3.12 pulley, 10 psi boost, SMC meth injection, 212/218 .558/.563 115LSA cam, shorty headers, off-road Y-pipe, 3" elec. cutout.

Lots of tuners use the 02 fbody OS and when that is flashed it will require relicensing to tune that particular file. I have ran into this several times coming from a truck file that another tuner flashed to 02 fbody. You could always upload your old OS from your save and do that but of course the whole file would have to be retuned if it was a cam swap etc.
    Jake Hatfield
    Central KY

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like they changed either the vin or operating system or ecm, in either of these 3 cases you would need to license the ecm as it sits.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"