Thread: 6.0 Tuning VGT issue

Tuner in Training

6.0 Tuning VGT issue

Hey guys new to tuning with HPT. Loaded a custom tune and now vgt starts at .44 and goes up. So truck has no bottom end. Its a 2005 F250 6.0 auto. Everything worked great with stock tuning. Compared stock file with custom file and cant find issue. I can command vgt to .85 with snapon verus so I know turbo vanes aren't sticking. Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Hurricaneoffroad; 06-01-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    I would look at the ebp tables. Can you post tune it has on it?

Tuner in Training
    Black 05 ccsb 6.0.hpt
    EBP at 350kpa when idling and vgt stays at .44 and drop with rpm. Changed ebp sensor and checked harness resulting in no change
    Last edited by Hurricaneoffroad; 06-01-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Does it work properly with the stock tune? Vgt position on the 6.0l I'm working on is around 60 at idle but its an 03. So difference in strategy maybe.

Tuner in Training
    Yes worked great with stock tuning. . Even crusing down the road its reading 0-2 psi when it should be closer to 8-10.It has no bottom end. If you hold it out it starts pulling hard on big end

Knock down the initial open loop commanded by .200 and see what happens. I think it's confused. Can you post stock tune so I can see what was changed?

Tuner in Training
    Ok it was the "VGT overboost min" set too high. It was on 20kpa and I set it at 0 like stock and VGT now works as its suppose to. Has full power. I'm thinking it was set higher bc that tune was setup for a truck with EGR deleted and 4in exhaust. This truck has EGR and factory exhaust. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Tuner in Training
    I went back and checked the stock file on the truck I got tune from which is an 06 model. Its stock setting is at 20kpa for VGT overboost min. So it has to with strategy I'm assuming

It's probably strategy problem.