Thread: 05 Autos - Anyone able to deliver full mm3 at 4k+ RPM?

Advanced Tuner

05 Autos - Anyone able to deliver full mm3 at 4k+ RPM?

Some weeks ago, I sent support an email regarding an issue of not being able to hold mm3 after surpassing 3200'ish RPM. It just starts tapering down from 3200 on, and by 4000 RPM, ALL SPEED GOVERNOR has me limited to 100 mm3.

All my limiter tables are opened up well beyond what I'm commanding in my pedal table, yet for whatever reason, I cannot maintain commanded mm3.

I suppose HP Tuners support found my query to not be worth their time, or they assume I just don't know what I'm doing with the software as they didn't take any time to give any sort of response to my email. It's entirely possible that I am missing something, though I'd really like to think I've covered any and all bases in terms of opening up limiters.

I have spoken with another individual on these forums who has an 05 standard transmission, and he is able to command and get whatever mm3 he wants. I sent him my calibration file. And he couldn't see any reason I wasn't getting full fueling.

I'd like to see if anyone out there with a 2005 Auto trans truck, more specifically, OS ID 25325353AI, has a log showing 140+ mm3 being delivered at an RPM of 4000 or greater.

I'd really like to know if I'm just missing something, or if it's worth continuing to bug support about this.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    I have the same problem with my 05 auto. I've spent a lot of hours trying to figure this out. Please share if you find the answer.

Paul

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    I have the same problem with my 05 auto. I've spent a lot of hours trying to figure this out. Please share if you find the answer.

Paul
    Hey, Paul. Is your OS ID the same as mine? 25325353AI

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Tuner in Training
    Wish I could help, only tuned manual trucks so far with HPT...

I could take another look if you'd like but if the other guy got it to work not sure what I can do different.

Advanced Tuner
    I have been using a work around to this issue for a while now, but it's not perfect, and I'm also sure I'm not the first to do it this way, or similarly.

It involves rescaling by a static percentage adjustment in any and all tables that reference and/or define mm3.

So, for instance, in my case, I noticed that by 4000 RPM, allspeed governor would limit me to around 100'ish mm3. Stock scaling for mm3 is up to 140, so I rescaled my injPW table by multiplying the x -axis (mm3 values) by .75, whereby my new maximum value for that table is 105 mm3.

I then followed that same method and rescaled for every table that would either reference mm3 on an axis, or define it within the table cells. I multiplied all mm3 values by .75 to end up with the a consistent cross-referencing of tables.

It seems to have worked, and I can hold my commanded fuel all the way to 4000 RPM, and I get my desired pulse width from the injectors.

The obvious downside to this is that it decreases tuning resolution. Not significantly, bit it sure would be nice to have that resolution back if the HP Tuners engineers would be willing to look into this.

Still looking forward to anyone else's experiences on this front.

Thanks!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B00STJUNKY View Post
    I have been using a work around to this issue for a while now, but it's not perfect, and I'm also sure I'm not the first to do it this way, or similarly.

It involves rescaling by a static percentage adjustment in any and all tables that reference and/or define mm3.

So, for instance, in my case, I noticed that by 4000 RPM, allspeed governor would limit me to around 100'ish mm3. Stock scaling for mm3 is up to 140, so I rescaled my injPW table by multiplying the x -axis (mm3 values) by .75, whereby my new maximum value for that table is 105 mm3.

I then followed that same method and rescaled for every table that would either reference mm3 on an axis, or define it within the table cells. I multiplied all mm3 values by .75 to end up with the a consistent cross-referencing of tables.

It seems to have worked, and I can hold my commanded fuel all the way to 4000 RPM, and I get my desired pulse width from the injectors.

The obvious downside to this is that it decreases tuning resolution. Not significantly, bit it sure would be nice to have that resolution back if the HP Tuners engineers would be willing to look into this.

Still looking forward to anyone else's experiences on this front.

Thanks!
    Your still having this issue? I thought you just maxed out from 100mm3 to 140 or whatever your max was so even if the All speed govenor pulled out as much as it could you were still at full duration?

Belvins has an 05 on 50sticks and is able to hold over 600hp on his tune. Ping him on this.
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Your still having this issue? I thought you just maxed out from 100mm3 to 140 or whatever your max was so even if the All speed govenor pulled out as much as it could you were still at full duration?

Belvins has an 05 on 50sticks and is able to hold over 600hp on his tune. Ping him on this.
    I'm able to hold full duration with the workaround, but really it shouldn't require rescaling max mm3 down like I had to in order to achieve full fueling.

I'd just like to gain the added tuning resolution back.

I just wish HP Tuners would acknowledge that there is some limiter that has not been discovered on this particular operating system.
    Last edited by B00STJUNKY; 11-13-2016 at 05:35 PM.