Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZL1 fuel pump and ADM FPCM install....

Tuner in Training
    Thank You much

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I'm in the midst of finishing my own FPCM... Not relabeled stock parts. It'll run whatever people want with up to 50A continuous current delivery with feed forward and PID control as well as the ability to talk on the CAN bus.
    Did this ever come to be? I don?t see it on the website.

Hi. Newb here so please forgive me if I ask questions that seem off.
    I see this thread was active for a bit a few years ago and recently was activated again. That said the search pulled me here. My situation is I have 2015 ZL1 with some mods and a full on tune putting down slightly over 600. I was at the track last night ( my car is sadly still there) and the car just died. It will crank but not turn over. I have gotten the fuel pump cel a couple of times and can see in the tune the long term fuel trims seem to be out of range but figured they just didn't clear them. Anyway I came across the ADM deal like others it seems but it is not clear if it is plug and play or I will have to access the tune to make some adjustments. Of course I'm assuming this is my issue and figured it was low risk to remove and replace just figured better to go with already tuned. I am not a tuner by any means. I have the hp tuner and use it all the time to figure stuff out and log. I know this is long to get to one question.. can I buy the ADM and it is plug and play? I know where it is at how to get to it etc ..
    My car: 2015 ZL1, CAI, ported and polished snout, 2.45 upper pulley, 102 TB, ID1080 injectors, 10mm plug wires, NGK plugs, polished SC lid, reinforced brick, long tube headers, Hiflo cats(about to remove), and AFCO HX.
    I know I need to install a BAP or drop in fuel pump as they told me this was all they could give me on 93 without a supplemental fuel source. So it leads me to the FPCM as potential culprit of my issue right now. I've checked all the points ground, fuses etc...I have 19k miles. Any help would be appreciated. Tune or no tune to replace the FPCM. Can I use the ADM and just go?

Advanced Tuner
    I cant seem to find a specific answer to flashing the FPCM. Can the stock Camaro SS FPCM be flashed with the ZL1 read supplied by Hp Tuners? Or will it brick it?

Quote Originally Posted by danmw2003 View Post
    I cant seem to find a specific answer to flashing the FPCM. Can the stock Camaro SS FPCM be flashed with the ZL1 read supplied by Hp Tuners? Or will it brick it?
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...3-vs-ZL1/page4

From what I understand you can't cross flash
    What you can do is change the settings from the Zl1 into your SS FPCM

Here is a good read from DSX
    https://dsxtuning.com/blogs/dsx-tech
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    I have a SS with ZL1 pump .. i received a file from someone in this group . I’m on vacation with the kids but when I return I can email you the file . I didn’t use it but my tuner also sent me a FPCM file to write to my SS FPCM.

Advanced Tuner
    I have the ZL1 file. I just dont see a lot of differences other than injector flow rates and fuel pump duty cycles (aside from MAP boost). I plan on dropping in a ZL1 pump because I bought bigger injectors to install for E85. Not going to boost it so I dont know what benefit the ZL1 FPCM would do for me. Im just trying to make sure I get the flow needed for E85. I thought I was going to need the ZL1 FPCM, but now I'm not too sure....
    Last edited by danmw2003; 04-02-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I know it changes the pressure with boost .. so I was told . The module adds more pressure when KPa Rises from the map sensor or under boost . But I think your tuner can command a higher fuel pressure in the tune. My tuner is commanding 70psi at WOT . My SEP 1000cc injectors are at 30% DC @ WOT on pump93 700whp 13psi boost. My car is a LS3 with LSA and custom blower cam

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, thinking I'm just going to install the ZL1 pump and go from there. Dont think I really need the ZL1 FPCM.

Quote Originally Posted by danmw2003 View Post
    Yeah, thinking I'm just going to install the ZL1 pump and go from there. Dont think I really need the ZL1 FPCM.
    I think you will be fine
    From what I understand you can Tune your FPCM to mirror the ZL1.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer