Thread: Need Explanation of PR Filtering for Coppermine ECU

Need Explanation of PR Filtering for Coppermine ECU

This relates to a 2011 Coyote Coppermine tune:

I am porting a calibration from SCT to HPT. I have mapped for way too many hours almost every scalar, table and PID from SCT to HPT (and vice versa), but cannot find the matching field in Advantage PRP for the parameter in HPT for 'Electronic Throttle>Misc>PR Filtering'. Could someone please educate me on PR Filtering? What it does? What it affects? and what exactly the acronym 'PR' stands for?

Also, if you are familiar with SCT, do you know the corresponding table to HPT's 'Speed Density>Aircharge>Load at WOT'?? Thank you.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

I guess this is a mystery to everyone on the forum? Maybe Eric knows.......

Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    This relates to a 2011 Coyote Coppermine tune:

I am porting a calibration from SCT to HPT. I have mapped for way too many hours almost every scalar, table and PID from SCT to HPT (and vice versa), but cannot find the matching field in Advantage PRP for the parameter in HPT for 'Electronic Throttle>Misc>PR Filtering'. Could someone please educate me on PR Filtering? What it does? What it affects? and what exactly the acronym 'PR' stands for?

Also, if you are familiar with SCT, do you know the corresponding table to HPT's 'Speed Density>Aircharge>Load at WOT'?? Thank you.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C

Did you read the parameter description? Its a time constant for filtering ETC Pressure Ratio.

SCT may not have these tables.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Eric - You are correct. I missed that one. Funny, because I always check the HPT descriptions as they are SO much better than any in Advantage (if they even exist in Advantage....). Thanks again.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C

Did you experiment with this setting?

Any results to report?

Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    Did you experiment with this setting?

Any results to report?

I'm not sure how it works, but a big name tuner seemed to raise it to 400 across the board which is what gave me the idea to try messing with it.
    I've raised it and it does seem to smooth the idle hunting a little bit. I'd describe it as it's less reactive to small airflow changes in the feedback model which in some cases helps it keep the throttle steady. They also seem to set the TB min angle to slightly under where the car idles at for idle. Both seem like hacks but they do work well with a monoblade or large TB.
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    I'm not sure how it works, but a big name tuner seemed to raise it to 400 across the board which is what gave me the idea to try messing with it.
    I've raised it and it does seem to smooth the idle hunting a little bit. I'd describe it as it's less reactive to small airflow changes in the feedback model which in some cases helps it keep the throttle steady. They also seem to set the TB min angle to slightly under where the car idles at for idle. Both seem like hacks but they do work well with a monoblade or large TB.

Raise it to 400... from 0.2??? That seems like a wild change.

I used to keep my min throttle angle just under a normal idle value, to help prevent stalling. But after figuring out how to remap the TB model, I don't have to any more. I have my car (VMP Gen II) returning quickly and smoothly to a 600 rpm idle now (for data gathering, normally at 800).

I might play around with this table in the near future though.

Advanced Tuner

I used to keep my min throttle angle just under a normal idle value, to help prevent stalling. But after figuring out how to remap the TB model, I don't have to any more. I have my car (VMP Gen II) returning quickly and smoothly to a 600 rpm idle now (for data gathering, normally at 800).

Would you mind sharing some of your findings on the TB model? It's something I've been trying to wrap my mind around for a while and can't seem to find any good material.

2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Advanced Tuner
    yup, justin seems to do that with alot of his tunes, including the shelby

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post

That makes more sense

Any ideas how "manifold vacuum PR" is calculated by the PCM?

I'm really interested to know where "Manifold Vacuum PR", from the axis of the PR Filtering table comes from.

Can we log or derive this value from other channels?

Eric, can you help us out?