Thread: setup for coyote single o2 sensor

Tuner in Training

setup for coyote single o2 sensor

Hello, I am working on a single turbo coyote with two o2 sensors in the downpipe next to each other. Turning number of o2's to 1 causes bank 2 to effectively quit firing. Can anyone shed some light on what other parameters need to be adjusted to make it work correctly? For that matter, is it really going to be necessary to turn one sensor off?

^ Follow the method I did in the thread AKDMB linked above. I had no issue running a single stock sensor with my setup after I did as Eric instructed in that thread.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Tuner in Training
    That worked!
    What is inferred, but not spelled out in that thread, is that the o2 values must be all 0, not 1. 1 resulted in a no-start.

Thanks!

What year coyote you do this on. I Have a 2015 Mustang GT with a single o2 in downpipe and I turned sensors fitted to 1 and changed LTFT Bank vs CYL to all 0's and i'm missing nearly all the channel data when using the scanner.

Did you do everything listed in the thread on post #2? I was using a 2012 ECU in that thread, and had no issue doing it the way Eric outlined. It's a bit of a read, but I too had the scanner data disappear, until I did it exactly as he instructed, and then all the data came back, and it worked fine.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

I have set the LTFT vs cylinder to all 0’s and I have set oxygen sensors fitted to 1. The only heater on is S1B1 everything else is 0 and the sensor bias is zeroed out for both banks and rear sensors are set to none. It runs on the one sensor but I can’t log anything I only see about 12 channels but maf period,Rpm,mapped points and VCT are all blank. Is there anything else I’m missing? I’m using Bank 1 sensor in downpipe

I did that in a V6 twice - all good, no issues.

figured it out I had to repoll the channels in VCM scanner to fix the issue

Tuner in Training
    I know this is an old post, but would like to figure out how to change number of O2 fitted in the tune. Mine is grayed out and cant change it to 1, is there something I need to do to be able to change this on a 2013 Mustang .

Quote Originally Posted by Radialoutlaw View Post
    I know this is an old post, but would like to figure out how to change number of O2 fitted in the tune. Mine is grayed out and cant change it to 1, is there something I need to do to be able to change this on a 2013 Mustang .
    Have you taken the advanced parameter training to unlock the greyed out parameters yet?

https://www.hptuners.com/emissions/
    '17 Whipple'd S550

Tuner in Training
    yes i did and its still greyed out. resynced it, shut down and restarted.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Radialoutlaw View Post
    yes i did and its still greyed out. resynced it, shut down and restarted.
    Were you able to figure this out?

Tuner in Training
    had to have someone send me a modified tune that i sent them from my car.