Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen4 idle tuning guide

Yes it is completely stock internally except the AFM was removed, Corvette exh. manifolds with dual exhaust system and K&N intake so very mild mods.
    Thanks..

Can you post a log and your tune? I am still working on my own idle but can take a look.

Once I get the tuner and software I will but was wondering how to start? Take a scan immediately from cold or warm it up and take a scan? Which tables are most relevant for the idle?

Senior Tuner
    start scanning from cold to hot then u have all the data and whole warmup so u can see how it goes, once warmed up and was all good then just focus on the hot idle areas, log all idle related pids air and spark so u can look at the whole picture

Alright, I'll try it and see where that goes.

Yep. Make sure you have the channels suggested at the beginning of this thread added to the scanner.

Advanced Tuner
    How would you go about tuning the startup fueling and startup airflow with a big overlap cam in a LS7

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HNK View Post
    How would you go about tuning the startup fueling and startup airflow with a big overlap cam in a LS7
    adjust eoit so its where u need it to suit the cam, personally mine liked less cranking spark just have to see what it likes, may need more air for startup and u can adjust the cranking VE also if its on 100 try 85 or see what helps, cranking fuel is engine off time based so u only get one shot at the dead cold start every 12 hours if thats ok just change the related time u need to for warm/hot starts

Advanced Tuner
    What I found to be strange was on a warm restart it just kept crank till it stopped without starting, but when I push the starter again it started right up and idled straight away.

Senior Tuner
    try little more fuel in the hot start cranking cells maby .5 more, does it start fine if u push the throttle a smidge ? and if u havnt changed eoit that may help also, if u can put ur tune up can see what u have done

Advanced Tuner
    I gave a bit of throttle The first hot restart, didn?t start at all. The restart right after worked instantly and really good. Will post the tune once I get back to my laptop. Thx

Advanced Tuner
    Here you go
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well I got my tuner to work, did a scan and downloaded the tune to look at. I don't know what I'm looking at but the Idle coastdown spark vs. rpm vs. Cylair table along with the Idles base spark vs. rpm vs. Cylair look to be way off from what I have read on this thread. The problems I'm trying to solve are a strong unburned fuel smell at idle and coastdown along with not being able to take throttle when starting cold. (Below 50 deg F or so). Does it look like I need to add timing back to the lower end of these tables?
    Initial Jeep Tune.jpg

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HNK View Post
    Here you go
    ecm12303 dont zero out put stock values back in and if u have bigger injectors then stock divide the values by how much bigger the inj flow is if inj are double stock size then halve the table, give boundary more of a slope so its smooth when rpm rises, cranking fuel u could add more to the warm temp if u want try 1.2 see if it helps if u give it throttle and it dosnt help then prob just needs more fuel also your 43,200 cells should be much higher for cold starts at the moment ur adding same amount for warm start and cold so u need more for a good cold start, also why ur cranking and it dosnt start but the fuel sits in the cylinders then gets more on the next start and it fires up then, ur base air and startup airflow and way jacked should start with under half those values change it back to stock and see if more fuel helps then u can add little more air also if it needs it

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by markeheiden View Post
    Well I got my tuner to work, did a scan and downloaded the tune to look at. I don't know what I'm looking at but the Idle coastdown spark vs. rpm vs. Cylair table along with the Idles base spark vs. rpm vs. Cylair look to be way off from what I have read on this thread. The problems I'm trying to solve are a strong unburned fuel smell at idle and coastdown along with not being able to take throttle when starting cold. (Below 50 deg F or so). Does it look like I need to add timing back to the lower end of these tables?
    Initial Jeep Tune.jpg
    yes i would when the engine starts to die it uses far left side and goes lower in the table and if its dying ur also removing timing which makes it worse so i would add a little more and see if it helps

Advanced Tuner
    ecm12303 dont zero out??? which tables are you talking about? the offset vs volt vs map? What sort of EOIT would you suggest? the cam is a solid roller cam, over 30 deg ovelap.

Senior Tuner
    ecm12303 is the number on the table its the inj temp offset in the fuel tab, u can use that eoit if it works but it's better to keep changes smooth like a wave so u could highlight table and use the smooth button once or twice

Well this is a big let down.. I get my new MPVI2 and get the scanner to scan and pull the tune off the car, make a small change to a couple tables and when I go to reflash the program back in, it tells me I don't have license credits to flash this program??? This is the only car I have and the only program to flash and I can't do it? Come on. Now I'm waiting for a reply from HP tuners again.. No FUN!

Senior Tuner
    did u resync the interface ? and set it all up for the new mpvi2 verification ?

MPVi2 is the only system I have ever had. First time reading the tune and trying to re-flash it. It wasn't that difficult to figure out up till this point.