Thread: UVC Camera

Tuner in Training

UVC Camera

Hi

Is it possible to use UVC Camera's? Eg. instead of selecting back and front cam's that USB-connected UVC'cams can be selected (Android), would be great!

regards

Recent versions of TrackAddict should let you select from any camera that is listed by the Android OS, however I don't believe that UVC cameras fit that criteria... They may show up via the underlying Linux system, but I'm not aware of any that work through Android at this time. Unfortunately, we really need that in order to record video (or for it to be practical), being that we are utilizing Android for video encoding.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the quick reply!

the camera is visible in most other SW I use. for instance skype, or other video-app... therefore I guess it's visible to the system but probably differently named/shown/accessible. I'm happy to provide some debug information or similar if it helps.

regards

Potential Tuner
    any update on this subject. android nav units are prevalent now and running the app on that system means that your phone doesnt fly out the window on track days. would be really nice if i could just plug in a usb webcam and mount it anywhere.