Thread: Need some logging help

Tuner in Training

Need some logging help

I've had this problem for alittle while and thought it was caused by 1-2 clutches beING burn but they been replaced and holding great now.

Part throttle shifts great. This is a 0411 pcm in a 98 transam with a 408/f1a, 4l80e built trans and a 3600 stall.

The wot shift points 1-2 is set at 50mph and 6000rpms. Rev limiter is set at 6500. I can not get it to shift at full throttle out of first.

What should I be logging to see if everything is working right?

Tuner in Training
    The rear is 3.00 and 26.4 tall tire

Also if I write entire will it license the segment that currently say unliscensed? Another programmed this and just haven't did write entire since I thought it might mess something up.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    You do not need to do a write entire. I wouldn't worry about those segments unless you need something special in the future. Also I don't quite know what you mean by 3.00 rear. I've never heard of that exact rear end ratio before but shifting out of first at 50 MPH I would estimate her right in that ballpark or maybe 2.73. Either way please post a copy of your tune so we can look at it for you and see if there is a quick fix someone can spot. A scan logging some of your trans parameters while this is happening (not happening in your case) might help out too.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 06-08-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Tuner in Training
    What parameters would I set to scan?

Tuner in Training
    Haven't quite figured out all the stuff I can scan yet. Was efilive for a long time

Tuner in Training
    I'm going to log my trans ouput speed and scanner mph and see if the two jive with the calculation I found surfing the forums. A old screen shot I got shows the trans thinking it's only going 33mph but it's really going 62.

Tuner in Training
    heres the file. was going to do a run but I didn't like how hot the car was getting
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Your numbers for VSS conversion are all pretty close. Check VSS to actual speed.

Tuner in Training
    Well my map sensor died I think and I don't know but think it screwed up the trans. Map was reading 101 at key off when I checked it. Set a tps code amd lost gears.

At this point I'm pretty feed up with all of this. New motor overheating from new. Trans problems since the motor Been replaced and the trans was new to hold the motor.

Is the right segment in there for the trans? Think I seen something from in there that it was a Aliso segment?