Thread: Read and Save HPL file without a license / credits ?

Tuner in Training

Read and Save HPL file without a license / credits ?

In short, a local tuner told me he has to have a license in order to save the read file from my car. Is this correct? I know that it is FREE to read any vehicle, but was told you have to pay if you want to save the file? I thought you only had to pay / license when you want to write or make modifications.

I currently do not have HP Tuners suite and was wondering if this was true. Otherwise I will take it elsewhere.

Cheers

Reading/Saving is free.

You need a license to edit/change/flash.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Definately don't take your car there if the guy is that bad at reading or understanding the basics, especially the ones that a beginner like yourself spotted right away. Maybe speak with him over the phone once more giving him a chance to clarify what he was talking about and if he really meant exactly that. I guess just to be fair, but be smart first.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nopps View Post
    Definately don't take your car there if the guy is that bad at reading or understanding the basics, especially the ones that a beginner like yourself spotted right away. Maybe speak with him over the phone once more giving him a chance to clarify what he was talking about and if he really meant exactly that. I guess just to be fair, but be smart first.
    All sorted. I went to another tuner and they happily gave me the file no questions or payment asked. I guess there's always people out there looking to make a quick buck from those without knowledge.