Thread: hesitant to touch desired throttle area

hesitant to touch desired throttle area

Upgraded from a 78mm to 90mm DBW throttle body, since the throttle body is so much larger, i find myself using areas of the pedal that I never was in before, very low pedal position %'s. These areas seem to be very very unresponsive, you really have to get above 1/8th to 1/4 throttle before you start getting any sort of resolution in the DBW. I was looking at the desired throttle areas and that seems to back up what im feeling, but my question is, since HPT puts these huge warnings on modifying these tables, is it risky to attempt this on an E67 ecu running an LS3 throttle conversion? Does this write to the ECU or the TAC module since it claims it can brick either? What is an acceptable change? Im posting below what id like to change to vs what is stock.

Every time I've touched these more than a very small amount I end up in reduced power mode. It's simple enough to flash it and get rid of it on gen 4's (in my experience anyways)

I think the warnings are carryover from gen 3 stuff, but I am not 100.00000% sure of that
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I tried two different settings, the one I posted above, which worked initially but began acting strangely once the car shifted into 3rd or 4th. I would go from having a very touchy pedal, to almost no pedal response at all. So i flashed it back to stock and it went away. I then tried copying the "sport mode" MAP over, and it seemed to take that one just fine. Never went into engine power reduced but I have the beta version with the patch for the REP codes for throttle position correlation. How much did you have to alter them to wind up in REP mode?

This is the difference between the stock table and the sport table.

one of the big things ive been trying to figure out is what my ETC scalars should be, i copied the parameters over from the LS3 camaro however i get differing reports as to what these values should be.

A couple percent was all it took for me. I haven't tried it in a while though, def not since they did whatever in the beta to make it not happen

It always took 15 mins or so of driving before it acted up

I actually preferred the tables modified some so I might try it again now

did you actually have to hit the areas you modified? i just had the car out for about a half hour, didnt have any issues, but i didnt really hit the 48%+ areas.

I don't really remember, it's been a while since I messed with it

Advanced Tuner
    I did not have good luck with this table either. It just sent the car into limp mode.

Advanced Tuner
    Copy paste from the other thread...

Guys, don't worry about playing with that table, it's not going to brick a gen 4 E67 or E38. It MAY set a rep, but just go back a tune and you're fixed. My table is far from stock. The other tables that will have a great deal of effect on throttle feel and movement are the follower tables. Play with those if the throttle isn't doing what you want it to.

Drive by wire is the best thing that ever happened to the modern engine. There is no limit to what you can do if you know how. Just play around with all the tables involved so you can learn what each one does. You're not going to wreck anything. The worst that can happen is the throttle might be too sensitive or open too far. I'm assuming everyone that's messing with tuning knows how to shut off a car don't they? So if the throttle goes open on you when you don't expect it, simply shut off the engine.

Here are the differences in one of my tunes. NO rep with these changes.

Check out my V8 Sky build video. It's pretty cool!...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

https://www.youtube.com/user/gmtech16450yz