Thread: na tune 4.8

Potential Tuner

na tune 4.8

ok i am sorry if this is not the way to do this but i have been looking for hours on tuning 4.8 and everything i have been finding is boosted and i am looking for a na tune to look at as a reference point just see what everyone is doing. i new to all of this and just trying to figure things out so if anyone could point me to the right articles or post a tune or really any kind of help would be awesome. i have read some pretty help stuff but like i said it seems like everyone is boosted in here lol
    . i have added the tune i have been playing with i havent done anything to the motor side yet cuase i am not sure where i need to start at but i have played with the trans alittle if some would be so kind to take a look and make sure that i havent done anything that is going to mess anything up.

thanks for looking and any help on this
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is this a stock motor or does it have mods at all??

I don't have a stock 4.8 tune on my computer to compare with but just looking at the transmission stuff you did shift time and pressure changes?? I see the normal shift time was changed to .050, only thing there is that a stock-ish 4L60e can't even shift that quickly because it's just not possible. I normally set it to .0200 to .300 to keep things safe and then adjust shift pressure by small amounts to help with shift feel. A corvetter servo is a good upgrade too. Just be aware that the stock 4L60e's are rather weak and it doesn't take much to hurt them and break stuff. Too much line pressure and abuse isn't good on them.

Engine side for a mainly stock motor is pretty simple. Without touching MAF tables or VE tables and doing stuff there you can always adjust the Performance Enichment tables so it can actually get out of it's own way and drive better/feel better.

The the PE throttle enable is set to 90% stock, which is rather high for most. Going down towards 50-60% throttle is a nice change. The enrichment ramp in rate is super slow, look at how small the number is. It can range from 0-4, with 4 being the fastest. Meaning it will try to achive the EQ ratio (target AFR) as fast as it can. Setting it to 2 will work fine.

Next is the delays, there is a 5,000 rpm with a 3 second time delay before it will enter enrichment. Set the delay time to zero and the rpm delay to 2,000ish or so. These smaller changes can do alot of driving feel.

If you remove some other TM on the engine side reduce the enable torque % to 80-90% instead of 100%.

Also under the engine torque mgnt tab, there is a table called ETC TPS max. That table will try to control the throttle blade for traction events, I always set it to allow 100% throttle at any time, so change it to 100% for the whole table.

Past these minor changes you can still to way more if you add mods and change up the exhaust and so on.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thank you for the reply and the info. But to anwser some of your questions i have a cold air intake long tube headers full 3" exhaust with a pacesetter cat delete y pipe 3.90 gears with a tru trac lsd and i have already changed the shift times to .125 the factory had they set to .450 and i just made small changes until it felt better or felt like it did when i had my diablo tuner on it. and would adding some timing help out at all

I wouldn't go changing timing or other WOT fueling untill you have a wideband handy.

First thing to do would be to re-tune the MAF and VE tables for the air intake and header upgrade. Once that is done you could move to WOT fueling and adding timing. The MAF/VE stuff first because of the flow mods and changes in air flow should be corrected.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thank you been very helpful i will see what i can do with that

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Is this a stock motor or does it have mods at all??

I don't have a stock 4.8 tune on my computer to compare with but just looking at the transmission stuff you did shift time and pressure changes?? I see the normal shift time was changed to .050, only thing there is that a stock-ish 4L60e can't even shift that quickly because it's just not possible. I normally set it to .0200 to .300 to keep things safe and then adjust shift pressure by small amounts to help with shift feel. A corvetter servo is a good upgrade too. Just be aware that the stock 4L60e's are rather weak and it doesn't take much to hurt them and break stuff. Too much line pressure and abuse isn't good on them.

Engine side for a mainly stock motor is pretty simple. Without touching MAF tables or VE tables and doing stuff there you can always adjust the Performance Enichment tables so it can actually get out of it's own way and drive better/feel better.

The the PE throttle enable is set to 90% stock, which is rather high for most. Going down towards 50-60% throttle is a nice change. The enrichment ramp in rate is super slow, look at how small the number is. It can range from 0-4, with 4 being the fastest. Meaning it will try to achive the EQ ratio (target AFR) as fast as it can. Setting it to 2 will work fine.

Next is the delays, there is a 5,000 rpm with a 3 second time delay before it will enter enrichment. Set the delay time to zero and the rpm delay to 2,000ish or so. These smaller changes can do alot of driving feel.

If you remove some other TM on the engine side reduce the enable torque % to 80-90% instead of 100%.

Also under the engine torque mgnt tab, there is a table called ETC TPS max. That table will try to control the throttle blade for traction events, I always set it to allow 100% throttle at any time, so change it to 100% for the whole table.

Past these minor changes you can still to way more if you add mods and change up the exhaust and so on.

Sorry to dig up this old thread but was following this through on my 4.8 (Brand spankin new tuner here) and I can't find the delay table anywhere in the fuel > power enrichment tab. Do I need to be connected to the vehicle for this to populate?

Quote Originally Posted by camaroguy25 View Post
    Sorry to dig up this old thread but was following this through on my 4.8 (Brand spankin new tuner here) and I can't find the delay table anywhere in the fuel > power enrichment tab. Do I need to be connected to the vehicle for this to populate?
    screenshot.29-06-2021 23.02.12.png