Thread: 2016 gmc 6.2l 8speed Trans

Potential Tuner

2016 gmc 6.2l 8speed Trans

I have a 2016 6.2l A8 Trans.

Wondering if anyone has a good tune to share???

Tuner in Training
    PM'd you..

Advanced Tuner
    I am interested in this as well if anyone wants to help.

Potential Tuner
    Plus one interested...
    Thanks....

I've done a few of these!! If you have any questions I can answer

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I've done a few of these!! If you have any questions I can answer
    I have a question if you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction. I have a completely stock '15 6.2 8sp sierra CCSB and I have a crazy transmission clunk. Most prominent when transitioning from engine braking to very very slight acceleration when shifting. It feels like I've been rear ended sometimes. Super annoying and I've been at the dealer about 5 times and they just keep stuffing the latest software in. The last time they basically gave up and said just wait for a new update.

I've pretty much got myself up to speed tuning my '09 cammed and pullied CTS-V but it's a manual and I've never tuned an auto before.

Any hints? DD tables? something else?

clunk = warranty

common issue

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    clunk = warranty

common issue
    = pounding my head against the wall complaining and not getting any improvements

new dealer

Tuner in Training 67firebird455's Avatar
    I've been battling my 15 Denali XL's 8 speed. The tuneup I've got delays shifting a couple seconds before it engages the next gear. Tow/haul works fine. I'd love to see someone else's '15-16 tunes for these 6.2/8 speed setups.
    67 Firebird - 4.8L, LS6 Cam, 6.0 heads, S476 T4-83mm, 9" w/3.25s, 3500 stall, TH400.

Im working on a 2016 Siverado 6.2 that is about to start getting tuned, Ive tuned a few LS1/2, and some other older trucks but havn't had the chance to work on one till now.

I would love to be part of this tune share if possible

Thanks all!!

Tuner
    I know this is late but is there any chance I can look at this tune as a baseline for the I'll be tuning tomorrow

Tuner in Training
    here's a tune for a 2017 8 speed. Just found it browsing here on the forums.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...ed-rpm-at-6000

Potential Tuner
    Do you know anything about adjusting the torque charts on the 17's. ive messed with my dads a little bit and it made the torque converter lock and unlock rapidly.

I see alot asking about the 6.2/8 speed tune, is it a totally different animal than the 5.3/8 speed? I have a new 2018 Sierra SLT & I dont care for the 8 speed transmission shift points. It should be shifting down sooner, & up later bla bla bla. Wondering if anyone has a tune for this setup that I can flash it to improve shifting.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samckitt View Post
    I see alot asking about the 6.2/8 speed tune, is it a totally different animal than the 5.3/8 speed? I have a new 2018 Sierra SLT & I dont care for the 8 speed transmission shift points. It should be shifting down sooner, & up later bla bla bla. Wondering if anyone has a tune for this setup that I can flash it to improve shifting.
    Thanks
    To answer my own question, it looks like there is alot more involved in tuning the '18 8 speed than the '17 6 speed trans.

Potential Tuner
    I have a Silverado 2017 6.2 8speed... I cant make the shifts soft for the 1/2 and the 2/3 shift... after I turned off torque management...any sugestions?