Thread: Wierd Shifting with 6r80 After Base Tune?

Tuner in Training

Wierd Shifting with 6r80 After Base Tune?

I just finished the 6r80 swap on my 12 twin turbo mustang. I saved the manual tune and loaded the engine info in the new VCM and the car acts almost like it goes into neutral on the 3rd and 4th shift and the engine sputters. I put it back to stock and the shifting is fine. I thought maybe there was something corrupted in the file so I made a new tune with just the injector and mass air info and some of the borderline spark. The car still acts up in 3rd and 4th, 1st and 2nd is good. With the stock Ford tune in it the car drives ok, shifts are good but the air fuel ratios aren't correct. I'm new to this and not sure what I should be looking for? Is there something I have to change in the trans after cleaning up the air fuel ratios? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lencomatt View Post
    I just finished the 6r80 swap on my 12 twin turbo mustang. I saved the manual tune and loaded the engine info in the new VCM and the car acts almost like it goes into neutral on the 3rd and 4th shift and the engine sputters. I put it back to stock and the shifting is fine. I thought maybe there was something corrupted in the file so I made a new tune with just the injector and mass air info and some of the borderline spark. The car still acts up in 3rd and 4th, 1st and 2nd is good. With the stock Ford tune in it the car drives ok, shifts are good but the air fuel ratios aren't correct. I'm new to this and not sure what I should be looking for? Is there something I have to change in the trans after cleaning up the air fuel ratios? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Not enough info to go on here and the post is confusing......

Is the converter stock?

Have you dialed in the MAF curve correctly post swap?

Load plays a large part in how the transmission reacts but my guess is something is way off on the engine side like the MAF curve is out of whack.

Tuner in Training
    Stock converter, the car had been tuned previously with the stick, it ran fine. I loaded the fuel and maf info from the stick tune and it does this. Its the same maf curve that was in the stick tune. I have the curve from Pro M, it starts with 673.4hz=0lbs/min and goes to 12004.8hz=128.61lbs/min, top to bottom. The chart in the car is inverted so it start with 12004 at the top and 673 at the bottom, will that make any difference? All the points in the chart have been converted to microseconds. What other info do you need?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lencomatt View Post
    Stock converter, the car had been tuned previously with the stick, it ran fine. I loaded the fuel and maf info from the stick tune and it does this. Its the same maf curve that was in the stick tune. I have the curve from Pro M, it starts with 673.4hz=0lbs/min and goes to 12004.8hz=128.61lbs/min, top to bottom. The chart in the car is inverted so it start with 12004 at the top and 673 at the bottom, will that make any difference? All the points in the chart have been converted to microseconds. What other info do you need?
    I would start with a datalog on the car, steady state driving in a chosen gear and post it here. I would recommend reading the following to setup the LTFT histogram prior to logging:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ay-to-tune-MAF

Additional info that is helpful:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...hp?54426-Newby

...and words for wisdom:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...40-Tuning-Help

Tuner in Training
    The VSS Tire per revs and N/V Base was what was screwing everything up. Fixed those and everything is good now.