Thread: Data progressively gets out of sync

Tuner in Training

Data progressively gets out of sync

Hi All,
    I am using an AiM Solo and a Gopro Hero 4 and when I have the data synced exactly at the start line, it drifts out of sync by almost a second by the finish line (Hill Climb)

Any ideas or solutions as to what may be causing this?

I am recording video on the gopro at 720-50p
    I am wondering if the 50fps is playing at a different speed to the AiM data??

The framerate of the video should not impact synchronization within RaceRender, because it is designed to process videos based on actual time rather than per frame.

This type of timing drift occasionally happens with some data systems and cameras, most likely due to their internal clocks not keeping exact time with each other. Fortunately, RaceRender has an adjustment option for this: In the Synchronization Tool, there is a "Play Speed" setting that can be used to make the timing of either input file slower or faster. A setting of 1.0 is normal, whereas 1.01 would make it play 1% faster, and 0.99 would make it play 1% slower. You should be able to use this capability to get your data and video inputs to keep sync with each other over longer periods of time. It's most efficient to apply this correction to your data input, but it could also be used on video and audio inputs.

Tuner in Training
    That is perfect!!
    Changed the data play speed to 0.97 and now it lines up perfectly from start to finish!

This was doing my head in!

Thank you!!