Thread: Where is all of this timing coming from

Where is all of this timing coming from

The stock file is a procharger file and then number 7 is just doing everything I can to get the timing to change at WOT. It has been the same every time. I cannot believe the PC file is commanding 24* at WOT with boost.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    So is the log that you attached in your original post running the calibration from ProCharger or is it running the calibration that you modified?

That log is from the calibration that I had modified.

To me it looks as if your PT timing is adding the knock and giving you final timing which is very weird!

If you can get a hold of your stock file that would help.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    Try adding all channels that has relation to timing advance, IAT spark, ECT spark, Torque Management Spark, knock retard, launch spark, PT spark, WOT spark, etc. Then do a log again and post up.

MBT spark is stock

Advanced Tuner
    Looks to me like your timing curve is following the [Spark] [Advance] [Minimum Spark] [Min Spark] (table 51159) on the first row. The scaling of that table seems to be pretty funky, too.

If you didn't scale the aircharge to be the way it is, you may want to send an email to support to see if they are calling out the right aircharge scaling values. The definition for that scale could be wrong.

But, suffice it to say, from the moment you go full throttle at around 3050 RPM, your timing advance follows that first row of that table pretty much to a T.

Hey Mark, Just following this post, I checked for the channels you mentioned to add ( IAT spark, ECT spark, Torque Management Spark, knock retard, launch spark, PT spark, WOT spark ) I only found Knock Retard, and PT Spark. I would be interested in adding IAT Spark, & ECT spark.

Good catch Boost Junky, I will try to put that line at 5* or so and report back. Thank you!

Advanced Tuner
    Would be awesome if we could log all the spark adders like we can with GM cars. But this does not seem to be possible with the dodge.

Boost Junky wins that one, that was exactly what it was doing.

Thank you,

Advanced Tuner
    Glad you got it figured out.

I don't suppose you sent an e-mail to Support in regards to the funky airflow scaling? I'd be a bit concerned with getting the scaling of that table ironed out properly, whether that means HP Tuners engineers redefining the scale, or if it's just a matter of you redefining it yourself.