Thread: controller unlocker timed out - failed

Tuner

controller unlocker timed out - failed

I have been trying to write an update to an ecu that I flashed 10 minutes ago. Now i'm getting controller unlocker timed out - failed and connot go any futher.
    Any suggestions? Ive reset my laptop, diconnected the battery to the vehicle with no avail....I've seen this in a couple other threads, but cant seem to find the solution.
    I'm on version 3.0.14

Thanks

Tony
    Attached Files Attached Files

Update your 3.0 and try again.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    I downloaded the most recent version on my login page, 3.0.128 with no luck. Any other suggestions?

Make sure you're waiting 15 seconds after key on before you try the read/write process.

Tuner
    I've waited a couple of minutes, but I'll try again

Tuner
    No luck

You'll have to contact support then.

Tuner
    I emailed support at the same time that I started this thread

Potential Tuner
    Raising this one from the dead, same issue with a buddies 1999 S10 with a 5.3 swap, using a P59 out of a GTO. I can watch the car and interact with it via the VCM scanner, however I cannot read or write to the ECM via the VCM editor. Plugged my cable into his CTSV and read it with no problem so I don't think its a cable issue. Tried various 'tricks' if you will, leaving the key on for a minute before attempting, trying to write before going key-on etc.. Using the most updated version to date 3.4.89, no luck. Any ideas? Looks like this has been happening quite a bit lately but I don't see any real fix per-se, just seems to fix itself according to some of the other threads. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VTC_WS6 View Post
    Raising this one from the dead, same issue with a buddies 1999 S10 with a 5.3 swap, using a P59 out of a GTO. I can watch the car and interact with it via the VCM scanner, however I cannot read or write to the ECM via the VCM editor. Plugged my cable into his CTSV and read it with no problem so I don't think its a cable issue. Tried various 'tricks' if you will, leaving the key on for a minute before attempting, trying to write before going key-on etc.. Using the most updated version to date 3.4.89, no luck. Any ideas? Looks like this has been happening quite a bit lately but I don't see any real fix per-se, just seems to fix itself according to some of the other threads. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I have same issue right now

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by scottt28 View Post
    I have same issue right now
    So am I, going to email support. Read a 2006 P59 just fine, but will not flash. Keep getting controller unlocker timeout. Updated to the latest version, and also tried the 3.7 beta. I have the controller licensed but cannot flash it. I may have to just license another spare PCM and give the customer that one while I screw with this current one.

Tuner in Training
    Update: I was able to get it to flash with a little bit of work.

I uninstalled HPT 3.6.26, and reinstalled an older version (3.6.15) that I had. Caution, versions older than 3.6.20 have a recovery issue thats stickied at the top of this forum.

I was trying to flash with the radio and amplifier fuses pulled because it had an aftermarket radio and I know of the issues with the cheap interfaces. Still wouldn't work with the fuses pulled. I ended up being able to complete a flash with the Radio fuse in place, Amplifier fuse removed, and I had to uncheck High Speed mode.

Tuner in Training
    did you recovered with mpvi2?

Tuner in Training
    if it lock you out you can pull the tcm fuse and reset it.... i have had this same problem a few times.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    this thread is 3+ years old.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"