Thread: Setting Different Start AND Finish line? (Hill Climb)

Tuner in Training

Setting Different Start AND Finish line? (Hill Climb)

So my last adventure was a hill climb event.

As this has a different Start and Finish line, is it possible to 'mark' these two points on the track map?

Racerender shows the correct finish line position but it would be good to have the separate start line for hill climbs or drag strips etc.

I've been wanting to do this for a while now, and it looks like we'll be able to take a first shot at this in the version 3.4.1 update, which should be released this week...

The catch is that it will depend on the data file providing "lap" information that distinguishes between staging, the actual run, then post run... That can be as simple as it reporting lap zero for staging, then lap 1 for the run, and finally lap 2 for anything afterwards. This is the same data setup that the timer displays already rely on in order to provide you with correct segment/drag timing that freezes when you cross the finish line.

If your data comes from TrackAddict, then it should already be setup this way for you, as long as any Segment mode recordings had a defined finish line set which you crossed. It wouldn't work if you had stopped the Segment or Drag mode recording manually, or before it detected you crossing the defined finish line, since those cases wouldn't provide a precise finish point. For the time being, we don't have a way to manually override or change that within RaceRender, as it is not currently setup to have the user set separate start and finish points... Right now, that feature is setup for combined start/finish points like we see with circuit laps.

Tuner in Training
    Hey I just opened RaceRender and saw the update log! That's so awesome, thank you so much!

And yes, my logger records a staging/in lap and out lap so this is working perfectly.
    It would be great in future updates to be able to manually set the start and finish line in RaceRender should the logger not record a staging lap or if it misses the start marker etc, but for now this is great!