Thread: 4l80e Swap with PCM of NC Relay- No Speedometer

Tuner in Training

4l80e Swap with PCM of NC Relay- No Speedometer

I have a 94 chevy s10 with an ls1/4l80e. The truck originally had a had a t56 but I was bored with it and got talked into having a stalled 4l80e. I'm running the pcm of nc relay and I also purchased a tune with them to pair with the brand new circle d convertor with a 3,400 stall. I just reached out to the but I was hoping for a quick response from here. The transmission should be good as I bought it from a guy off craigslist and there wasn't anything concerning in the pan when I drained it. It's actually a re-manufactured gm transmission and it was pretty clean.

The issue I'm having is that the truck won't shift out of 1st and I have non functional speedometer, not even when using the vcm scanner. I have the vss plugged into the rear sensor and I have even installed a new sensor from ac delco. I verified that the gear for the speedometer gear was in the transmission when I changed the sensor so I'm confident that isn't the issue.

I know 2nd works since i originally had an issue and it was stuck in limp mode but that was fixed because I had a wire installed wrong. I still have the t56 wiring installed to the pcm but for obvious reasons I'm only using the vss plug from that harness. The trans wiring is from a 4l60e donor car and I checked triple checked every wire since I have had these issues. I do not have the neutral safety switch installed but I don't feel that would effect anything.

I've spent several hours searching for solutions on the web but haven't had any real success besides being able to swap vss sensors really quickly. Attached is my tune for you all to check.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Problem fixed! Swapped the wiring pigtail for the harness and everything is good!

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the same exact issues as you where. When you say you swapped the wiring pigtail what exactly are you referring too