Thread: Transmission Tuning

Advanced Tuner

Transmission Tuning

I have been having a great time playing with my ZF of late. Really happy with the Hp Tuner product. It flashes 100% of the time and the trans tune flashes in my FG take less than 10sec, don't even have to do the turn on/off key thingo. Started off reducing the shift points on the cruise map so the car will happyly cruise at 1000rpm on a level road to making the trans shift into first every time on stop. Copied some tables from a FGx tune that soften the downshift into 1st when coming to a stop.
    Have had the opportunity to disect a "shop" tune, basically copy pasting tables one at a time to see what influence each modified table has on the trans. Modified the shop tune tables so that the trans shifts nicely on the 1>2 and 2>3 shift and wonder why they had it shifting so hard when it was so simple to soften up shift in the low load/low rpm part of the maps.

Once I finish my tune, I will be happy to post up.

Meanwhile if anyone has a shop tune they would like to share, please email me as I am interested to see the different tuning approaches (if any at all cos most/alot would of done the ZF tuning course) workshops take on their ZF tuning.
    Also am looking for the so called "FGx sprint" trans tune and
    looking for stock FG and FGx V8 supercharged trans tunes.
    It would be good to have the last two stock tunes up on the repository.
    Last edited by turbotrana; 06-14-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Where can you do zf tuning course's?.

Advanced Tuner
    Nizpro were doing them. Think 2k+ for a few day course

Advanced Tuner
    That would be using sct not hp tuners wouldn't it?.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes but don't think it wouldn't matter much. I think HP has all/most of the trans tables and they might have different table headings but nothing too hard.

Advanced Tuner
    I did the Nizpro course only ever having used HP, A bit of extra homework but 99% of it crosses over.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    As a previous post indicated the performance change maps appear to be 2/3/7/8/12/13 with 27 bing the manual mode. Has anyone identified the predominant maps in drive.
    Last edited by Yortt; 07-07-2016 at 10:03 PM.
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    table 5 does general cruising under light load in my FG.
    This thread has some more info http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ght=turbotrana

Did a compare between an 09 tune and 14 tune and following maps were altered 5,9,14,19,24,27,32. So somewhere to start
    Last edited by turbotrana; 07-08-2016 at 05:57 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotrana View Post
    table 5 does general cruising under light load in my FG.
    This thread has some more info http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ght=turbotrana

Did a compare between an 09 tune and 14 tune and following maps were altered 5,9,14,19,24,27,32. So somewhere to start
    Thanks for that, it does gives me somewhere to start.
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning