Thread: What is a acceptable amount of TM reduction?

Tuner

What is a acceptable amount of TM reduction?

Everyone has their own way..

people leave TM 100% others I've seen as little as 20%..

What do you feel is acceptable and why?.. I like firm, hard shifts at wot but stock like when cruising...i'm just looking to get a general idea.

Incase you're wondering the application would be in a 600rwhp ctsv.

The 6L80e/6L90e need some TM to keep them alive and prevent slamming into gears and un wanted clunking feelings. On the stuff I have done I doubt I remove more than 10-15% and have no issue with shifting or how I want it to act. I've read that other say the max is around 40-50% removed to prevent problems.

It's a different story with 4L60e's and the 4L80e's. A built 80e can handle alot less TM than the 6 speeds.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I like setting the min spark table instead. There is a table that allows you to set min spark by RPM and airmass, but it may not be available in all PCMs.

I set 100% TM, but set the min spark to "0" in my WOT cells. Shifts real good @ zero, which in some cases, is close to full TM anyway. I know my 2-3 at full TM and no min spark setting was going down to +4 spark, so 0 seems to be a good, safe setting.